View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Books
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Going Rogue NOT a bestseller
Skeeve
Before believing hype about Palin's new book as being a bestseller, take a look at the attached pic. (click pic for larger image)

From an Alternet article posted by Jamison Foser, Media Matters for America
Skeeve attached the following image:
palinbook.jpg

Edited by Skeeve on 10/29/2009 08:58
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Sinny
I kind of feel sorry for her......[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/shame.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

But then again.....

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/107.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/loudlaff.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

Doubting Thomas
$4.97? That's bargain-bin pricing right there.

I don't think I'll read her book, though. Probably too many "you betcha's" in there for me to handle. That and she couldn't possibly have anything to say that I'd be remotely interested in.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Hypatia
Awww, poor Sarah. The success, the demand, must all be simply overwhelming.

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/171.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

This is one I'll be skipping - to spare myself the boredom and having to hear Palin's voice in my head as I read. I couldn't bear an entire book of that.

catman
Her brand of comedy doesn't really appeal to me. I couldn't bear it either, and besides that, I wouldn't want to spend anything on it, not even $4.97. As my brother says, "A bargain at half the price".

Doubting Thomas
Really, though, "going rogue?" Since when is Sarah Palin a rogue? Of course I did find this definition:

5. Biology. a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal.

Yes, that fits.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
DT: Good find! I'll go along with that one.

Bob of QF
Doubting Thomas wrote:
Really, though, "going rogue?" Since when is Sarah Palin a rogue? Of course I did find this definition:

5. Biology. a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal.

Yes, that fits.

Indeed.

Especially the "plant" bit...
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Cynic
Is it me, or does the fact that everyone calls her "Sarah" say something about how well she's really respected by her own fans? No one goes on about Ron, or John, or George, or anything like that. The only reason people said "Dubya" was to distinguish him from Bush. The same thing happened with Hillary -- though one could just because "Clinton" would have referred to Bill at the time she became known.

catman
That might be a part of it. Rather than "Sarah Palin" or "Hillary Clinton", it's often just Sarah or Hillary. One doesn't often hear Obama referred to as 'Barack', although 'George W.', 'W', or 'Dubya' is probably as you say.

Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. I think people who don't like the people involved refer to them by their first names as a form of disrespect. Others simply use it because it's handier. It all depends on who is making the reference.
Edited by catman on 10/31/2009 23:06

derF
My apologies to any of you ladies out there who are Palin fans but I am sorry. She is nothing more than a fairly decent looking, lucky, stupid, gold digger of a bitch. Katie Couric made Palin look like an over the hill beauty pageant contestant who had majored in in casual conversation and small town social studies. The only run she should concern herself with would be the one in her stockings.
Edited by derF on 11/01/2009 23:10
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
Yeah, I think Tina Fey (as Sarah Palin) would be infinitely preferable. (In any capacity.)

Hypatia
derF wrote:
My apologies to any of you ladies out there who are Palin fans but I am sorry. She is nothing more than a fairly decent looking, lucky, stupid, gold digger of a bitch. Katie Couric made Palin look like an over the hill beauty pageant contestant who had majored in in casual conversation and small town social studies. The only run she should concern herself with would be the one in her stockings.

Hmmm, not sure why you addressed this to the ladies, but I assure you that in no way am I a Sarah Palin 'fan', admirer, or supporter in any sense or fashion - nor do I want her in our government in any capacity.

Jump to Forum: