View Thread

 Print Thread
A Threat No One is Talking About
seeker
The Separation of Church and State has recently been under assault as never before. One of the more ominous threats to that separation is a shadowy known as 'The Fellowship' or 'The Family'.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_%28Christian_organization%29]Wikipedia describes[/url] The Family's influence this way

[quote]Prominent evangelical and fundamentalist Christians, and the Family themselves, have described it as one of the most, or the most, politically well-connected fundamentalist organization in the US.

D. Michael Lindsay, a Rice University sociologist who studies the evangelical movement, says
 
catman
Yes, I'm aware of this bunch. They are a frightening spectre, all right. The C Street House is an incipient theocracy, ready to take over.
 
Doubting Thomas
I hadn't heard of these people before. But the more I read the scarier it is. And people wonder why we fear a theocracy.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.
 
seeker
The worst part of all of it is that its so farfetched most people just dismiss the whole thing. The whole movement sounds almost benign until you look at some of their handiwork.

They've actually managed to get some countries to adopt the death penalty for people accused of homosexual acts.
 
Hypatia
Eh. Despicable and somewhat disturbing.

How interesting that they avoid the 'christian label' as much as possible, so as to not alert the enemies. A Trojan horse attempt?
 
catman
They try not to draw much attention to themselves. Rachel Maddow discusses them quite a bit.
 
derF
Jeff Sharlet's book can be downloaded through the Barnes and Noble website for a mere nine bucks the software to enable your computer is minimal and the download is free. It is a very interesting and disturbing read. These people truly believe they are the masters of the planet and god's or Jesus' chosen people. Scary shit.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.
 
seeker
Thanks Derf, I didn't think to look at B&N. I have their software and have never used it lol
 
Sinny
Heh they avoid the label christian. I bet the new fundies of today would say they are the illuminati that brings the new world order for their feared antichrist.

Wasn't that man named Prince involved and isn't he the one who started it all? I also remember he was involved in blackwater or something like that. I found out about that rich fundamental family back when we first went into Iraq an hired soldiers outside of our own US military. I'm not sure if they too are involved in this. Seeing what 9/11 did to us financially and then with the greedy bank investors steeling from us I'm not surprised now after reading this that the evangelical TV preachers were predicting the US and world, but especially the US, would be financially crippled when Bush got elected. I noticed they preached this with an almost frenzy when he got Elected. I wondered what the hell made them so wild about getting that message out and now I see at least some of why.

I don't know if I'm making sense to anyone here. It's hard to explain what I trying to say here and it doesn't help that I can't remember in detail.
 
seeker
Sinny wrote:
Heh they avoid the label christian. I bet the new fundies of today would say they are the illuminati that brings the new world order for their feared antichrist.

Wasn't that man named Prince involved and isn't he the one who started it all? I also remember he was involved in blackwater or something like that. I found out about that rich fundamental family back when we first went into Iraq an hired soldiers outside of our own US military. I'm not sure if they too are involved in this. Seeing what 9/11 did to us financially and then with the greedy bank investors steeling from us I'm not surprised now after reading this that the evangelical TV preachers were predicting the US and world, but especially the US, would be financially crippled when Bush got elected. I noticed they preached this with an almost frenzy when he got Elected. I wondered what the hell made them so wild about getting that message out and now I see at least some of why.

I don't know if I'm making sense to anyone here. It's hard to explain what I trying to say here and it doesn't help that I can't remember in detail.


According to everything I've seen the Family has been around since the early 40's. Prince may be involved but he didn't start it.
 
seeker
Check out [url=http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x408853]this video[/url]
Edited by seeker on 12/06/2009 12:19
 
catman
Yeah, I saw that on the show. I like her show a lot.
 
seeker
Iagree Cat, she is pretty good
 
Sinny
This can get get real scary once you really look into the power they have not to mention the numbers, I think, growing within the Family. I don't know why but I thought his family did start it [mg]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/297.gif[/img] Especially the jail part I remember something about that too. It's been a few years since I read about that so I could be wrong.

Why do I smell Rick Warren in this?

I wonder if I can get Rachel Maddow on TV in my area I? I like her.
 
catman
She is on MSNBC. If you can get that, you can get her show.
 
derF
These people are the epitome of corruption. They are so full of themselves that they have no room in their lives for anyone who may not be able to advance their eminence in society.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.
 
seeker
Sinny wrote:
This can get get real scary once you really look into the power they have not to mention the numbers, I think, growing within the Family. I don't know why but I thought his family did start it [mg]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/297.gif[/img] Especially the jail part I remember something about that too. It's been a few years since I read about that so I could be wrong.

Why do I smell Rick Warren in this?

I wonder if I can get Rachel Maddow on TV in my area I? I like her.


Pretty much if you have cable or satellite you can get Rachel Maddow. You might check [url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/]her website[/url] too, she has videos of some of her segments.

I'd be surprised if Rick Warren was part of the family, they like to keep a low profile, but Warren's views are in line with them.
 
Hypatia
Sinny wrote:
This can get get real scary once you really look into the power they have not to mention the numbers, I think, growing within the Family. I don't know why but I thought his family did start it [mg]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/297.gif[/img] Especially the jail part I remember something about that too. It's been a few years since I read about that so I could be wrong.

Why do I smell Rick Warren in this?

I wonder if I can get Rachel Maddow on TV in my area I? I like her.


I found this http://www.slate.com/id/77067/ article pertaining to The Fellowship and prison ministries, and a guy named Charles Colson. I wonder it they're connected with the same The Fellowship Seeker posted here about?
 
catman
Charles Colson...ugh. A crook that found Jesus.
 
seeker
Hypatia wrote:


I found this http://www.slate.com/id/77067/ article pertaining to The Fellowship and prison ministries, and a guy named Charles Colson. I wonder it they're connected with the same The Fellowship Seeker posted here about?


Colson is very famously connected to the Fellowship. He set up a version of the Fellowship in prison
 
Jump to Forum: