View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » Education
 Print Thread
Special K FTW!
Solidsquid
Ketamine, also known as

Skeeve
I put drugs like this in the scary category, along with heroin and pcp.

I've avoided all three.

Weed is all you need Cool
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Solidsquid
Interestingly, ketamine is a pcp derivative.

Skeeve
Yes, your post above said as much.

LOL, it almost seems like you didn't read it. Grin

*spelling edit
Edited by Skeeve on 01/25/2010 22:38

JohnH
I am with you Skeeve weed is all you need I just wish I had a reliable source.

Doubting Thomas
I don't have any need for weed, if I can't get a decent buzz from my homemade wine, then I don't need one.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Cynic
At first I thought you were just really excited about your breakfast cereal, SS. Wink

You publishing a review article?

Solidsquid
Sorry I didn't see this post several weeks ago when you posted it, many apologies good sir.

No, not getting published, well, at least not for this - this was actually a review I wrote for a psychopharmacology class. I am, however, working on a paper with my supervisor about using normative data and static balance one leg stances as an expedient field screening tool for diagnosis mild traumatic brain injury. However, it probably won't see publication for a good while - maybe next year. I'm working on a big project proposal at the moment - that and writing up human factors and ergonomics reports are consuming most of my writing time at work.
Edited by Solidsquid on 02/13/2010 11:48

Sinny
Hey Solid I swear you are a genius and have a lot of patience to write, research all that.

I never heard of informed consent before. I haven't finished reading it all because I am such a slow reader these days. It reminds me of research gone very wrong some years ago. Funny what sticks in my head, a research facility where humans volunteered and got paid mind you to have experimental research done on them. Apparently it got way out of hand and people were subjected to inhuman torture because they gave consent. Now they have more strict guidelines to stop before it gets to become torture and has a permanent damage done to the human subject. Wish we had that for the animals.

BartholomewRoberts
I like to eat Special K cereal bars. they're only 90 calories and 1.5 grams of fat each.

Did you know that I've lost over 100 pounds? It's true!

Skeeve
That's like the fat equivalent of 30239.5 Special K bars.

Kowboy
About thirty-five years ago, I may have done informal research on this particular drug. The unit of measure was, at the time, referred to as a "matchhead", which I ingested through a rolled-up dollar bill into my sinuses.

Before any effects became apparent, I left the site of ingestion and proceeded to a friend's house about 5 minutes away. Upon arrival and seeing my condition, my friend quickly called her husband home from work so they could keep an eye on me.

It wasn't entirely unpleasant, but I never repeated it again.

Youth is wasted on the young,

Kowboy

Jump to Forum: