View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » Funny Zone
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Dumb and poor?
Skeeve
Was going through my Spam folder and had to screencap this email.

atheiststoday.com/images/Dumbandpoor.jpg
Edited by Skeeve on 08/18/2008 09:28
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

neilmarr
Can't help wondering -- if she's so dumb -- what it was Kim from Oklahoma sold for $500 ... her house, maybe, the family business, hubby's BMW? Neil

RayvenAlandria
LOL. I bet it is a foreign scam. Sometimes they use weird words because they don't understand English well. They probably meant to say "un-degreed", "uneducated" , or something a tad bit less insulting than "dumb", but whatever word it was they translated came out as "dumb". They may not even realize it's an insult.

Then again, maybe they meant it exactly the way it reads.

You have to be really careful with spoof emails. Crooks send emails out that look exactly like Ebay, paypal, or your credit card company but the links are to spoofed pages where they steal your user names, passwords, credit card numbers etc... You have to be paranoid these days to stay safe online.

neilmarr
Just bear in mind that PayPal, eBay and banks NEVER send out unsolicited email. Neil

Hypatia
That's pretty funny, except that there are folks who are, well, just dumb enough to open an email like that.

Argh.

Sinny
When I read on the side bar on this threat 'dumb and poor' I thought this was going to be a joke. With scams like this I can see why so many people need it automatically sent to spam

FreakMeow
neilmarr wrote:
Can't help wondering -- if she's so dumb -- what it was Kim from Oklahoma sold for $500 ... her house, maybe, the family business, hubby's BMW? Neil

I was wondering the same thing.

Kinda sad that people really do fall for things like this.

catman
What a come-on. Lots of people consider themselves poor, but dumb? I am speechless.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: