View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » European Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gordon Brown triggers general election with Labour closing in on Tories
Theory_Execution
GB has stepped down as PM of the NLP to usher in a CGP/CPBGP. All I can say is, what does that actually mean?!

Well we will be stuck with a government which just mills things over, slowly dealing with work with no clear direction and little understanding - so what we had before.

Gordon Brown is supposed to be an intelligent guy also, he got rushed through school attending university at the age of 16. Where did it all go wrong?

Possibly with thinking an intelligent person is wise and or useful. I have known some intelligent people in my time, but it is rare to find them without some character fault - be it believing the ill to be deserving in the case of a medic, or having no grasp of mathematics and studying physics.

There should be an entrance exam for government seats, and the test questions/answers/results should be open to the public.

Skeeve
Sometimes a government that does little is better than one that does too much. Cool

We should have a 2yr vacancy period every other President or so and just coast along with what we have. Pfft
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
Skeeve wrote:Sometimes a government that does little is better than one that does too much. Cool

I'd say "usually" or "nearly always".

Skeeve
David Cameron is UK's new prime minister

Conservative leader David Cameron has become the new prime minister after the resignation of Gordon Brown.

Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg will be his deputy in the UK's first coalition government in 70 years.

Mr Cameron, who at 43 is the youngest PM in nearly 200 years, vowed to set aside party differences and govern "in the national interest".

http://news.bbc.c...675265.stm

Let's hope he does as good a job at PM as he did with Avatar. Fundance
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
I do not know how this is going to turn out, or have an idea of how it will work. The scary part is that David Cameron is one of those focus on the family sorts.

Jump to Forum: