View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The Shroud of Turin: The Great Gothic Art Fraud
Bob of QF
A thoughtful analysis of the "magic" shroud of turin.

http://secweb.inf...le815.html

What I found Interesting-with-a-capitol-I, was that the artist's analysis shows that if the shroud were in fact real?

Then the body it was wrapped around was a literal freak.

The height was freakishly tall for the age, the head freakishly small, one arm longer than the other, and so on.

It's an interesting analysis, by an artist who's well aware of artistic methods of depicting 3D objects onto 2D canvas; in art, the 3D objects are frequently distorted, to give perspective, to make an artistic point, etc.

But, these are accepted by the human perception, because our pattern recognition "software" is fiendishly adaptable.

Not so, our "software" that observes actual 3D, live humans: what is perfectly acceptable in art, or in a 2D rendering, becomes nightmarish in real life-- we are "programmed" to reject or avoid people who do not "fit".

The article is well worth 10 minutes of reading, I think.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Theory_Execution
Apparently the Pap recently prayed infront of it, possibly telecekentically passing on some of the magick. Hmmm shouldnt post while drunk.

catman
That would be 'telekinetically'. I'm a bit lubricated myself.

I think the Shroud is a complete fake. The zealots' response to the carbon-dating was ludicrous.

Bob of QF
catman wrote:
That would be 'telekinetically'. I'm a bit lubricated myself.

I think the Shroud is a complete fake. The zealots' response to the carbon-dating was ludicrous.

I totally agree it's fake, never ever thought otherwise even when I was a believer myself.

Smile

But there are weak-faithed sorts who cling to such iconic idols of worship, in a vain attempt to bolster their failing faith.

It's actually quite sad to behold.

What is really sad, is even if they somehow prove by some miracle, that this thing actually wrapped a dead body roughly 2000 years ago?

It proves nothing-- we already know there were people alive who died roughly 2000 years ago. A corpse-rag dating from that period could've been anyone's. It does not prove there was a 'jesus'. It does not prove 'jesus' was a man-god....

... idiots, the lot.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: