View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New Pics
Hypatia
I took a few new pictures of two of my babies - the other one was asleep under a bed at the time.

Maggie sunbathing "Dratted puparazzi!"

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/MaggieSun1Oct62010.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/MaggieSun2Oct62010.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/MaggieSun3Oct62010.jpg

Zoe

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/ZoeOct62010.jpg

catman
Maggie looks positively regal. What a beautiful cat, and nice photography too!

Catman can't read dogs very well. I wonder what Zoe's expression means, if anything.

Hypatia
catman wrote:
Maggie looks positively regal. What a beautiful cat, and nice photography too!

Catman can't read dogs very well. I wonder what Zoe's expression means, if anything.

Heh, thanks Cat. And yes, Maggie really is beautiful. As for Zoe, that's just her usual sweet look. She has the sweetest face, and brown eyes that just make your heart melt. And she has to be the happiest dog I've ever known. For some unknown reason, though, it's hard to get her to look directly into the camera for pictures, so this photo is good in that way. She always turns her head away just when I'm taking the picture.

catman
I wouldn't expect you to have a mean dog. Zoe appears rather matter-of-fact or inscrutable/expressionless in that photo, but as I said, I can't read dogs very well. She does have big brown eyes!
Edited by catman on 10/09/2010 00:15

Bob of QF
Hypatia wrote:
... . For some unknown reason, though, it's hard to get her to look directly into the camera for pictures, so this photo is good in that way. She always turns her head away just when I'm taking the picture.

Hmmmm.

Perhaps she is afraid your infernal device is going to steal her soul?

:LOL:

Seriously: did raise her from puppyhood? If not, [i.e. she's a rescue] she may have been teased or abused by someone with a camera's flash....

I've known of smart dogs who learned that objects placed in front of human's faces, often emit painful lights... and would always look away as soon as the camera's raised.

The trick (aside from suppressing the flash, which I typically do anyhow-- I prefer natural lighting) is to hold the camera up, set the autofocus-- hold it, then lower the camera a tad, say to chin-height, then call the dog.

Most smart dogs will see the improper position of the offensive "light gun" and look at your eyes. *click*

With practice, you can keep the pic composed....

.. .another way, is to stoop down, with your head "tucked" into the camera's eyehole. Compose. Then, holding the camera rock-steady with respect to the ground, move your head back up-- again, practice makes this one work.

Then, when you've got the expression you like? *click*.

I use this trick with humans, too-- I get far more natural expressions, when I'm holding the camera at chin-height, than at eyelevel-- most folks tense up and pose.

But if I catch'em with they're not quite ready? Natural-- especially if I've told a joke-- the cornier, the better, as they get to laugh and make fun of my lame joke.

*click*

Sneaky? You bet. What's funny? It always works... they always forget that I snap at chin-height, rarely at eye-height...

Wink
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Hypatia
New pics of (content) greyhound.

Sleeping with her blankie, monkey and duck:

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Prissy3February12011.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/PrissyTwoFebruary12011.jpg

Hypatia
Hypatia wrote:
New pics of (content) greyhound.

Sleeping with her blankie, monkey and duck:

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Prissy3February12011.jpg

"I'm just going to take a little nap... wake me when dinner is ready."

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/PrissyTwoFebruary12011.jpg