View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Music Discussions
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Love Makes Me Do Foolish Things
JohnH
Circa 1967 I attended a concert at the Filmore Auditorium that highlighted Martha and the Vandellas. They sang the song I came there to hear "Jimmy Mack". It was a little bit weird seeing the Vandellas in their Motown dresses singing to a crowd of 1967 San Francisco people. It was great fun.

Hypatia
Mmmm, yes, I suppose it would be great fun, and apparently a great memory too, as I would think it would be for me too.

catman
I like Dancing in the Street most of all by Martha & the Vandellas. Great song!
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

JohnH
One morning driving to work after a woman with whom I had a long time relationship with was clearly leaving me a DJ on KDIA, a now long gone soul station out of Oakland (Oaktown if you like), played "Love Makes Me do Foolish Things" three times in a row. It remains my favorite Vandellas record. Said by someone wearing a tee shirt that pronounces "Its what's in the grooves that count".

Jump to Forum: