View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Nuclear Energy
catman
I had no idea they caused noise pollution, heretofore thinking they were quiet. I have read somewhere before that infrasonic sound causes nervousness in people, especially around 14 Hz. Nest time I travel into West Texas, I'll try to get close enough to a wind farm to hear (or sense) whatever sounds it makes. I don't think the swishing sound would bother me much, but 'one never knows, do one'?

Thanks for the links. Interesting reading!
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Theory_Execution
The military have been working for years on 'sound cannons', machines which channel certain frequencies at oncoming ranks, in order to make them uncomfortable, disoriented and maybe even get sick.

There was an old story when I was studying Waves and Fields going around, that a guy had tuned his door bell to the natural frequency of the digestive system, so when people tapped his bell, they would involuntarily shit themselves.

Bob of QF
Theory_Execution wrote:
The military have been working for years on 'sound cannons', machines which channel certain frequencies at oncoming ranks, in order to make them uncomfortable, disoriented and maybe even get sick.

There was an old story when I was studying Waves and Fields going around, that a guy had tuned his door bell to the natural frequency of the digestive system, so when people tapped his bell, they would involuntarily shit themselves.

The myth busters TV show addressed the "magic shit frequency" phenomena. They tried quite a range of low and ultra-low frequency, from mild to extreme amplitude. Not once did they manage to overcome the volunteer's sphincters. They concluded it's just a myth. I tend to think so as well.

On the other hand? Anxiety, if the frequency was administered over weeks? Might be real-- but likely not universal, just affecting those sensitive.

The same thing could be for the sound-shit effect: it likely only affects a tiny margin of folk, which would easily explain the myth busters' results.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Theory_Execution
Well to account for the peoples weight, density, height and width would be too many variables to produce a wave that would hit perfectly on the natural frequency, even assuming you knew what it was.

Jump to Forum: