Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Skynet's inception date has come...
Bob of QF
... and gone unremarked.

But.

Some of the first steps really are here:

http://www.youtub...1czBcnX1Ww

This thing is an amazing mimic of evolved 4 legged motion. Late in the video, it even gallops and hops/jumps similar to a horse.

Also, it's kinda creepy...

Smile
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

JohnH
I would like to note that the development of improved prosthetic devices had given people a better understanding of how to mimic things like joints. Making this sort of device more and more possible. Maybe even leading to more realistic robots modeled on humans.

Bob of QF
JohnH wrote:
I would like to note that the development of improved prosthetic devices had given people a better understanding of how to mimic things like joints. Making this sort of device more and more possible. Maybe even leading to more realistic robots modeled on humans.

Iaasic Asimov's robots just around the corner?

We could hope....

... I'd have one, if I could.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

seeker
Pretty amazing. Now all they need is a good AI.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Theory_Execution
The odd thing is that humanity will develop workable AI before humanity in general across the board develops Actual Intelligence.

catman
Smile I think a lot of people have artificial intelligence. It may briefly seem real.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Theory_Execution
Im hanging back on the excitement until robotics goes on to cybernetics and then carbon copy cloning.

A few of me running around, experiencing life then returning to some sort of docking station to merge the gathered knowledge/experiences, rinse and repeat.

It is very likely I will need some sort of time hopping device to ever see this future though. Jesus what are these scientists and engineers waiting for. Future me already!

Jump to Forum: