View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
NBC's Pledge of Allegiance Apology
Hypatia
So someone finally (inadvertently) gets the Pledge of Allegiance right, and then think they have to turn around and apologize for it:

http://www.huffin...80114.html

NBC apologized after the network twice omitted the words "under God" from a clip of students reciting the Pledge of Allegiance as part of its coverage of the U.S. Open.

What a fortunate flubb-up that was, except that I imagine the majority who listened to it have no idea it's the original POA.

catman
What is right is wrong, and what is wrong is right. I can just imagine some people saying, "They left out 'under God', the filthy Commie atheists!"
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Cynic
catman wrote:
What is right is wrong, and what is wrong is right. I can just imagine some people saying, "They left out 'under God', the filthy Commie atheists!"

You don't need to imagine it -- just read any of the various comment sections that follow the news reports. ;-)

(Actually, don't. It should be avoided like reality TV and for the same reason: they're a too harsh reminder of how low the bar is set in this country.)

catman
I won't read them...it's depressing enough imagining them.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: