View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Music Discussions
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Jack Vidgen - Australia's Got Talent 2011
Skeeve
Incredible.

seeker
Really impressive. The only thing I think might hold this kid back is that his voice will change soon and he'll have to adapt to that.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
Yeah...some can make the transition, I really hope he can too.

Hypatia
That's pretty amazing. He definitely has a great voice and talent, and it's obvious he's worked hard.

seeker wrote:
Really impressive. The only thing I think might hold this kid back is that his voice will change soon and he'll have to adapt to that.

I was thinking the same thing.

But there have been some male adolescent performers who have made the transition well - like Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder, and I think Andy Gibb may have begun his singing career as a kid too. And there have been others too.

I think the more difficult transition may be the one going from the hopeful contestant with a huge talent to an enormously popular, publicized sensation and suddenly getting a lot of attention and the kinds of pressures that go with it. At a time in life that is generally already an emotional and physical roller coaster for kids anyway.

Theory_Execution
They will use him for a year until the shine rubs off, then drop him faster than a logical fallacy in a religious apologists opening statement.

Best of luck to the kid though.

Skeeve
Final performance from Tuesday night:

Winner will be announced next week.
Edited by Skeeve on 07/28/2011 17:54

Hypatia
Go Jack.

I hope this really is just the beginning for him.

Theory_Execution
He needs a good guardian, look at all these child stars that have been pushed into the lime-light that go off the rails from the pressure.

Home alone kid, terminator 2 kid, Britney whos ancestors were good at throwing sticks, et to the cetera.

You need a good normal (sometimes troubled) life to get the emotion into your music, can you find that while under such pressure?

Skeeve
Good job!

Hypatia
Hey, that's great, good for him.

He really should get some teeth, though. Wink

Jump to Forum: