View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » LGBT
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gays, Others Lead To Earth's Doom!
Skeeve
From http://www.queert...:

Director Rick Stout brings the right-wing movement into uncharted territory with his new flick, Demographic Winter, which firmly points a finger at gays, feminists and lefties for the declining population rates. Because, you know, we threaten marriage and there can be no babies without marriage.

Says one interview subject, "Now we have forty years of social science that makes it absolutely clear that the deterioration of marriage and the encouragement of sexuality outside of marriage is just not good for society." The scariest part to these people: the decline of developed nations. That means African nations could be on top. Nooooo!

Though this trailer doesn't spell out any clear answers, the screen does flash this ominous query: "What if the solutions were clear to academia, but weren't politically correct?" That sounds like the makings of a social cleansing project. And it frightens us.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/HF7BkSOO-s8&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

*edited to add source*
Edited by Skeeve on 09/01/2008 00:02
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Bob of QF
What IS religion--all religion, but a form of "social cleansing".

It certainly hinges on the instinctive "we versus they" behavior that all humans seem to be equipped with.

It's just a single step from "yur gonna hell" to "I'm gonna send you to hell NOW"....

Sick.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
The mess we are in just couldn't possibly be caused by anything other than "the deterioration of marriage and the encouragement of sexuality outside of marriage", could it? Sheesh.

Declining population rates wouldn't be a bad thing. There are more than enough babies being born as it is.

"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
What does GBLT mean? Neil

catman
Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian & Transgendered. (I edited because I had the first three pluralized to start with, but I realized that they are adjectives, not nouns.)
Edited by catman on 09/01/2008 02:21
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
Ah. Thanks, Cat. I'm afraid I'm not a member of that particular club, but I'll fight to the death ... etc ... Neil

PS: In fact, in a display of solidarity, I'll go put on my kilt. N

FreakMeow
catman wrote:

Declining population rates wouldn't be a bad thing. There are more than enough babies being born as it is.

I agree. Almost ever where I go I see women expecting or people with three or four young kids.
Almost everyone I know who is my age has a child or is expecting.

Its also very common in young military couples to have a child within the same year they get married.

Theory_Execution
So what if a country dies out, the fewer people the better I see it.

OK there will be a problem with the aged, but give us some time to develop real robots and that one is sorted.

Hey, as George Carlin once said, maybe the meaning of human life was to deliver plastic to the earth, and now we will be phased out and a new creature will develop that encorporates plastic into its structure.

catman
Reducing the birthrate wouldn't make a country die out. In fact, it would be an asset. I'm not advocating making the birthrate zero, just reducing it! Countries with too many people have a lower standard of living. I read somewhere that the ideal population for the US is 150 million people, and that sounds about right.

Theory_Execution
I really struggle to imagine anything over 80,000 people.

Bob of QF
Theory_Execution wrote:
So what if a country dies out, the fewer people the better I see it.

OK there will be a problem with the aged, but give us some time to develop real robots and that one is sorted.

Hey, as George Carlin once said, maybe the meaning of human life was to deliver plastic to the earth, and now we will be phased out and a new creature will develop that encorporates plastic into its structure.

There has evolved such a creature: a nylon eating bacteria. (use google)

This nice critter is a perfect example of evolution of a new species, too.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Sinny
What they fail to realize is many people and dare I say it....white people are, on average, having fewer children per married couple for different reasons. It's not just because of women's rights, gays and sex outside of marriage, etc. There's other reasons too such as It's freaking expensive to have and raise one child let alone 3 to 5 per family. Some couples can't get pregnant as easy as others and that can cost a small fortune just to get pregnant using inections, etc.

I think the only concern they have is there aren't enough white people being born so the scales are being tipped. It's funny in a way that I come across this post when just a few days ago a man was telling me, out of freakin nowhere, that in 30 years or less white people will be the minority. I couldn't believe he said that when the chit chat had nothing to do with population or minorities. I guess it's on people's minds or he saw this video and it got him stirred up.

I don't understand why they would think gays, lesbians, transgenders would have anything to do with the decline in birthrates when they too are having babies as well as adopting.

I agree with Catman. I also think that if these poor Countries had good leadership, help, contraceptives they would thirve as a Country and as individuals. It would not do them any harm as a Country and/or a race.

BTW I had some trouble hearing some of the video because the background music was a little too loud. I hope I didn't miss too much, if any at all.

Doubting Thomas
It's a common theme among white supremacists that not enough white babies are being born compared to black or hispanic groups, so whites are in danger of losing majority status. So they urge their white brethren to keep having kids. Really smart thinking if you can't afford to raise them.

catman
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense..."majority status" is a silly idea. My concern is with too many humans, not too many Blacks, Latinos, Orientals, Whites, or anything else.

Doubting Thomas
On the other hand, I've heard people claim that the reason there are so many Hispanics is because God is looking favorably on them for carrying out his very first commandment to man: Be fertile & multiply. Well duh, if you keep multiplying, you're going to keep multiplying! But that's not really a good thing.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

seeker
Doubting Thomas wrote:
On the other hand, I've heard people claim that the reason there are so many Hispanics is because God is looking favorably on them for carrying out his very first commandment to man: Be fertile & multiply. Well duh, if you keep multiplying, you're going to keep multiplying! But that's not really a good thing.

That's BS, we're just better in bed,;headbang;

neilmarr
I'm good in bed, too. I can sleep all day. Neil

Doubting Thomas
If that's true, then Seeker, the Chinese are the best lovers on earth!Grin
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Solidsquid
Last time I checked, there were many variables which affect birthrates which naturally fluctuate over time. I'm pretty sure that homosexuals are not to blame for birthrate declines. Also, birthrates declining isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Niger has the highest birthrate with 45.62 births for every 1000 persons. The U.S. is number 152 with 14.18 births for every 1000 persons. Developing countries account for the majority of population growth. Subsaharan countries also have the highest fertility rates. The decrease in rates is attributed to mostly diseases - not homosexuals (CIA, 2008; Soubbotina, 2000).

Central Intelligence Agency (2008). CIA World Fact Book Rank Order Birth Rates. Retrieved August 4, 2008 from https://www.cia.g...4rank.html.

Soubbotina, T. (2000). Beyond Economic Growth: An Introduction to Sustainable Development (2nd ed.). Washington, D.C.: The World Bank.

catman
Good for you, Solidsquid. No one can dispute your claims unless he doubts the validity of your (cited) sources, and that's highly unlikely.

I think it's absurd to blame (or credit) homosexuals for a decrease in fertility rates. They have been here as long as heterosexuals have, and I doubt that the recent validation of them in some societies has changed it much, if at all. (I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with my clumsy verbiage.)

Jump to Forum: