View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Tea Party Less Popular Than Muslims, Atheists, 21 Other Groups
Skeeve
The Tea Party ranks lower than any of the 23 other groups we asked about — lower than both Republicans and Democrats. It is even less popular than much maligned groups like “atheists” and “Muslims.” Interestingly, one group that approaches it in unpopularity is the Christian Right.

From Think Progress

Bob of QF
Progress indeed.

Good news.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
With the recent ascendancy of Rick Perry, I hope that information is correct.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Cynic
Here's a link to the original NYT op-ed piece. Sadly, while they quote polls, they do not cite them and so I was unable to judge their methods. The analysis is interesting, however, and certainly "feels" right.

Oddly enough, all the tea partiers I know are atheists. Granted, this isn't the first time I've come to regard these individuals as the "worst atheists ever". My wife seems to think this is totally reasonable and they simply don't identify with "atheist culture" but if they idea of blacks voting against Abraham Lincoln (work with me here) to preserve the Southern Way of Life is analogous to atheists getting into bed with the Religious Right with or with out a sheet with a hole in it, then well, I think there's a name for this.

http://www.nytime...tymovement

Theory_Execution
If this is the case, you have to ask yourself why they get so much air time, who is pushing this agenda and why haven't Americans nailed Murdock to a tree yet....

seeker
The people behind the Tea Party get away with it because they are offering voters something for nothing. Like any good con game the real costs of the Tea Party are well hidden and only become apparent when its too late.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: