View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » World Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Libya rebels push towards capital to aid revolt
Skeeve
Thousands of rebel fighters 25 km (15 miles) west of Tripoli were moving toward the capital on Sunday evening. As they advanced, they took control of a barracks belonging to the Khamis brigade, an elite security unit commanded by one of Gaddafi's sons, Khamis.

http://www.reuter...Y920110821

I've heard predictions that Gaddafi will be gone before the week is up.

I've also noticed U.S. news organizations haven't been reporting about Libya very much lately.

Theory_Execution
Every time I see it on the news, the map shows an Oil field or other such thing which is the real reason we have any involvement at all.

seeker
All of the articles I've seen today are about how oil prices are down because of the rebels. What more need be said?
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Theory_Execution
Perhaps the truth outright, instead of hiding behind ideas of looking out for human rights?

Why all the lying when it is so obvious to see, when was the last time US/UK troops led a massive assault on an oil-dry African country? A place in which most of the barbaric dictatorships reside and flourish.

seeker
The truth? Here in the US? This is so mired in fantasy that I won't be surprised if the Supreme Court tries to declare the Law of Gravity unconstitutional.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: