View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » YouTube
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Whats going on...- from BlahBlahBlah2145
Skeeve
Just saw this sad video on TR. Young kid about to start the 8th grade and he bares his secrets through index cards. Very moving, you will need tissues to get through it.

BlahBlahBlah2145
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
Is first grade 4-5 years old, so 8th grade is 11-12 years?

That is some fucked up shit.

We all experience some form of bullying in life, but it is true, some get it a lot worse than others.

I dont know how right this is, but if I found my son cutting himself, and he explained to me it was due to someone at his school, I would be hard pressed to not persuade him to go cut the biggest cunt that was doing the bullying.

catman
I was five years old in kindergarten, six years old when I started 1st grade, and 13 in 8th grade. That was average at the time (some kids started 1st grade when they were 5 years old if their birthdays occured before the end of the year).

I was picked on a lot because I was small for my age and wore glasses, but not in the same way that some kids are mistreated nowadays.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

JohnH
I have two male children by blood, I have maybe 10 others by emotion.

I am not a great father as my children are happy to point out. I have failed them in many ways but not in one very important one. They always knew that I loved them. It is the most important thing one can do for their children and a thing that I suspect has not been done for this child.

My own father kissed me once, on the day he died. I vowed when I had children to not be that man. My own children have gotten old enough they now refuse to let me kiss them on their lips.

I have a bad temper and displayed it far too often, I once threw my older son about 5 feet in anger. They still knew I loved them.

Love your children, they need it and deserve it.

Theory_Execution
I do not recall where I was hearing this, but someone made a brilliant point - ahhh! I do recall, Educating Essex was the show, was on TV over here in the UK - anywho back to what I was saying.

The deputy head and head teacher were (head teacher = principle of the school) talking about bullying, and that how, in their day if bullying happened it was on the way to school or after leaving school - the classrooms were silent, and the play grounds pretty much controlled.

But for children now, they face the problem of mobile phones, instant messaging like texting and the internet. A text can be sent in silent under the table without anyone knowing, the bullying can be constant, can continue throughout the school day and follow them home.

seeker
Tough to watch.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
There is a newer video out where he says he's "loved by the whole school".

I think once this video got around, his life may have gotten better. Smile
Edited by Skeeve on 12/06/2011 14:30
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
He must be in a nice school then, had that happened in mine, the bullying would have stepped up a notch or two.

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:

There is a newer video out where he says he's "loved by the whole school".

I think once this video got around, his life may have gotten better. Smile

I certainly hope so, especially with all the information and anti-bullying efforts now. That's an awfully long time for anyone to endure bullying and not being accepted by the majority of ones peers. I do hope things are much brighter for him now.

Jump to Forum: