View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Creationist Museum Tours
Skeeve
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/FAPYuo12hY4&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

Mental child abuse, plain and simple.

Thanks to PLAYTIME013 for the link. Also added to the Video section.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

derF
The so called creation museums are truly laughable. We have derided them several times on threads at the earlier site. It is truly comical the way they present their gauze thin arguments and try to support them with little more than the bible, and hearsay and obviously manipulated photos and hard evidence. It is truly sad that these idiots are unwilling to recognize what science has done for them over the years and turn their back on it in favor of a whispy promise of eternal life as some bodiless entity.

;5sigh;
:no:
Edited by derF on 09/06/2008 00:17
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Bob of QF
I did not even click the link-- I am already sadly too familiar with creation "museum" tours.

They are corrupting the meaning of the word "museum". They ought to be called, "Christian dogma, as I see it" or worse.

And I agree-- child abuse to tell your kid lies, more lies and damned lies.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Hypatia
Once people were satisfied to take their children to church and throw away their money in the collection plate to lie to their kids, brainwash them and indoctrinate them.

Now they insist on spending even more to convince their kids of the fairy tales by paying for vacations to and admissions into creationist museums.

I don't care if they throw away every cent they have, but I detest the vilifying of children's minds on this rubbish.

neilmarr
This, of course, is not a 'creationist museum' but a perfectly responsible, science-based museum of natural history that explains everything -- being misrepresented by the insane to the gullible. These fools lecture on young earth to impressionable kids, whilst standing before the very evidence of the flasehood of their outrageous claims.

If psychological chlild abuse is not a crime, it darned well should be.

Neil

catman
The whole idea threatens to make me violently ill.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

General-Pryce
I've seen this before and it still makes me mad. These people are criminal, saying evolution is a religion- I like how they ingnore the exhibit which explains how the dating system works.

Jump to Forum: