View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » YouTube
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Jim Jeffries
Hypatia
Jim Jeffries, 'God is for Idiots'

Skeeve
That name is familiar, but can't watch it at work on crappy wi-fi. Will have to check it out later.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

cheshiredragon
Funny as ever. I have been listening to him for a while now..GREAT comedian! I want to see him live one of these days.
That's right, I said it...

Hypatia
Someone sent that video to me in email recently and I hadn't heard of him before then. I'll have to check out some of his other videos.

Theory_Execution
From that performance, I wouldnt say GREAT comedian, I would say drunk guy putting the world straight.

cheshiredragon
I agree though that set wasn't at his funniest, but a good 'putting the world straight.' However, he is a great comedian.

seeker
I think I'm with TE on this one but I will say that these days the act of 'putting the word straight' is worthy of recognition in and of itself. He reminds me,in that sense, of guys like Bill Hicks and Lenny Bruce whose comedy was built on that sort of brutal honesty.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

cheshiredragon
Sean Kent and Jamie Kilstien are 2 new comedians that also have this same brutal honesty. One of Kilstien's CD's is titled 'Zombie Jesus' and he is good at trashing Christianity.

Theory_Execution
I miss George Carlin, still watch his stuff every now and then.

Hypatia
Me too T_E, and I had just recently said that same thing to someone. He wasn't and won't ever be in the category of interchangeable comedians.

cheshiredragon
Indeed, George Carlin s in a category of his own.

JohnH
"no woman would fuck things up like this", not entirely true but mostly so.

Jump to Forum: