View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » LGBT
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Chick-fil-A president reveals opposition to gay marriage
Skeeve
Not that it was a big secret or anything.

Company president Dan Cathy told a Baptist website the Atlanta-based restaurant chain is "guilty as charged" in its support of traditional marriage.

"We are very much supportive of the family the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said in article published Monday by the Baptist Press. "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

Chick-fil-A has been under fire from gay rights groups since early 2011, when it was revealed that an independent operator in Pennsylvania supplied food to an event sponsored by a group formed to defeat same-sex marriage initiatives. It was also reported that Chick-fil-A's WinShape Foundation did not admit gay couples to marriage counseling.

One longtime observer said he was not surprised by the comments by Cathy, son of the restaurant's founder Truett Cathy.

Read full article

I think I've eaten Jesus Chicken once. Didn't like it. But I think I don't like chicken sandwiches in general anyway, so I'm not missing anything by not eating there. /shrug

Did find a couple of posters though:

atheiststoday.com/images/jesuschicken.jpg

atheiststoday.com/images/jesuschicken2.jpg
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Skeeve
Maybe I'll give chicken sandwiches another try.

Chick-fil-Gay!

Max
Having witnessed friends eat this "food," I can assure you that it is of a quality to match their political stances.

Theory_Execution
It is a really bad name, it doesn't flow at all.

Chick-fill-ah, sounds like something someone struggling to grasp the language would say.

By name alone I would not have eaten there.

Skeeve
Well, it's a play on the word 'fillet'.

Chick fillet

Chick-fil-A

The name is spot on, as for the rest...

Theory_Execution
Nope, no, nein.

It is a horrendously lazy name.

Skeeve
It's the American way!