Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Podcasts
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
AT Spotlight - EP1- Ash Pryce
Skeeve
Sunday, July 21 at 3PM CST

Ash has agreed to an interview/chat.

AT Spotlight - EP1 - Ash Pryce

We visit with Ashley Pryce of Chimaera Productions. He is an award winning director, playwright and performer. His recent directorial credits include "In the Penal colony", "Three Coins" (which he also wrote) and Dr. Faustus. .

"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
I'm looking forward to it.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
I can't wait to hear it as well....oh wait.

Theory_Execution
Is the Sunday at 9pm reference to my local time?

Skeeve
Yes...9PM your time, 3PM in Oklahoma.

Hypatia
So if it's at 3PM OK time, I think that would be 4PM eastern time. Very cool Ash, will most definitely try to listen.

Skeeve
Ash and I did a quick test podcast last night to make sure everything is working as it should. It went just fine, so here's hoping we don't have a repeat of the problems from my Thursday show.

But of course, all the tests I've done prepping for that first show went without a hitch as well, so I'll be holding my breath when Sundays show goes live. Wink

Skeeve
Ashley was fantastic. The show is now archived and ready to listen/download.

fyi I'm still not happy with my mic sound. nor do I like my mental blocks that occur while try to listen and move on to the next question.

seeker
I think you did a nice job of making the interview more of a conversation than a strictly question and answer session. Part of that may have been Ash and his ease with the whole situation along with his style of speaking.

I listen to a lot of interviews on NPR and you two were better than some I've heard there.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
Well, it can only get better...I hope.

seeker
My one worry is that Ash may have spoiled you, not everyone is as eloquent.

Skeeve
He was great, wasn't he?

We were thinking of doing some regular Atheists Today chat shows. Do you have Skype? Maybe do interviews once a month and the other 3 Sundays have open mic podcasts for members to call and shoot the bull.

seeker
Don't have Skype but I could get it. You should get hold of Neilmarr, I'd bet he'd be a brilliant interview.

Hypatia
So glad it went so well, and damned sorry I missed it. I did log in at the beginning, and then my attention and presence was diverted by something at home. Curses.

I concur with Seekers suggestion of NeilMarr - would be a most interesting interview, I'm sure.

Are these archived so I can listen to the one with Ash? I'm sure you've probably already covered that somewhere, but I don't remember.

*Edited because I typed it the same way I think - I left out a word.

*Edited again for stupidity - Well for frick sake - it's right there on the front page. *heh* *smile*
Edited by Hypatia on 07/30/2013 16:41

Hypatia
So I listened to the AT Spotlight with Ash last night, and what a treat that was.

Skeeve, you have a wonderful voice for speaking and interviewing people, and I was very impressed with your questions and your laid back interview style. Even though over the years I've read a good bit that Ash has written about his theatre work and other subjects, hearing him discuss everything he does with the theatre, and some of his future projects, hearing him talk about his depression and how the writing of Shattered came about, and his participation in Fringe, and some about his life in England and Scotland, was truly interesting and enjoying to listen to.

Thank you Skeeve for starting these podcasts, and thank you Ash for taking the time to talk to us.

I'm looking forward to more. Wink

P.S. I didn't know there is a creation museum in the UK!

Jump to Forum: