View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
WBC hates the UK- woohoo!
General-Pryce
I guess this goes in Christ's cult section. The West Boro Baptist church have numerous sites about how God hates each country. But they now have a "god hates the UK" site. Marvelous!

http://www.godhat...index.html

the main site is:

http://www.godhat...eworld.com

Gotta love these guys lol. The Louis Thereux documentary "the most hated family in america" is on Youtube and well worth a look. (I may have posted it on the old site)
Edited by General-Pryce on 09/17/2008 19:49

Photon
Well, in their defense, is there anything really to like about the U.K.?

Skeeve
They talk funny....that's kinda likable.Grin
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
In the UKs defencem its all the queens fault.

neilmarr
Looks like God's really got a downer on us Brits. Here's some of the divine disasters down to the Almighty that WBC reminds us of:

God has been delivering major God-smacks to the United Kingdom for centuries. Here are but a handful of the many examples:

December 7, 2006 – London Tornado (6 injured).

July 7, 2005 – London Train Bombings (56 dead; 700 injured)

August 4-13, 2003 – European Heatwave, which included the U.K. (14,802 dead; 2,139 in the U.K.)

January 31, 1953 – North Sea Flood in England (531 dead)

December 5, 1952 – Great Smog in London (12,000 dead)

1918-1919 – Flu epidemic (225,000 dead)

1740-1741 – Great Irish Famine (100,000 dead)

September 2, 1666 – Great Fire of London (3/4 of London burned)

1665-1666 Great Plague of London (75,000 – 100,000 dead)

July 10, 1212 – London Fire (3,000 dead)

Wasn't His Great Plague something, though! Ol' Pastor Fred neglects to mention, of course, that it hit every other country, city, town and village in the known world (including Iceland).

Thank goodness that I've taken refuge in that sole remaining Fag-Free Zone, France.

Hoots. Neil

PS:If you want to post a live link, by the way, so that folks can just click on it and be re-directed to the page automatically, Skeeve explained the other day. All you have to do is highlight the link nd hit 'url' (the third option along in the list below your reply window along with 'bold', 'italics' and other stuff. N

Doubting Thomas
http://www.godhat...flife.html

I think it's funny how they rail on about how filthy the UK is because of so many gay organizations, yet the picture they chose is the famous funny photo of Prince Charles with his hands on that female army officer's breasts. Hey, if I were the prince, I'd feel her up too. She's cute.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

neilmarr
It's so easy to fall about laughing at Pastor Fred and his merry men. But really, they're no joke.

Consider this: Are they the thin or the thick end of the wedge?

Scary tought, eh?

Neil

General-Pryce
Oops, cheers for pointing out the clicky thing Neil, I completely forgot to do it, will edit.

These people are just so funny. Maybe they are the thick end of the wedge Neil, but the others aren't as vocal. lets face it, they're just vocalising what many right wing Christians might believe. It's a worrying thought

Photon. Do you want to step outside ;angry5;

Hypatia
I thought those freaks boat was sunk (at least financially) with the last court judgment against them, last year I think it was.

Apparently nothing shuts their filthy mouths, and it looks like they're just spreading their manure over a larger and larger part of the World every time we look. Their ignorance is only funny to a certain extent, but mostly, IMO, they're just down right disgusting.

Does anyone know if they're still protesting at the funerals of gay soldiers in the US? That is one of their activities that most disgusts me.

catman
I agree, the protests at gay soldiers' funerals are inexcusable. There isn't anything funny about that. Who the hell do they think they are? Never mind.

I don't know whether they are the thin or thick end of the wedge, but I do know that they are more than a bit 'thick'.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Doubting Thomas
Um, folks, it's not gay soldiers' funerals they're protesting, but any soldiers' funerals. They way they see it, God hates the US because of tolerance toward gays, so any soldiers killed in the line of duty is part of God's punishment because of this tolerance.

So now the WBC hates the UK, among other countries. Is there anything they don't hate these days? I would just like to ask them why they worship a god of hate.

The Phelps clan & WBC represent everything wrong with religion.

derF
I have always sympathized with the gay community. I personally don't think a person is any more intentionally 'gay' than that person is intentionally male, or female or tall or short. The decision was made genetically long before they ever began realizing the repercussions it had on them. Gays have it particularly tough in that most of the major religions have decided that gays are an aberration and not part of god's plan and therefore something that has no place in the Christian world. They really have a long hard row the hoe ahead of them. (As if they haven't had, already. [all ready]) My hats off to forward thinking governments such as the State of California who recognize them as just another variation of the human condition and grant them similar rights that other citizens have.

Edited? Yeah! What about it, buddy?
Edited by derF on 09/17/2008 01:15
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
DT: Of course you are right; I had forgotten their "rationale". It's same sort of crapola as when New Orleans was allegedly hit by Katrina because of its sinfulness. We can't allow ourselves to be tolerant and openminded, after all.
Edited by catman on 09/17/2008 01:39
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
The upside of all this, of course, is that the WBC hates everyone who isn't a member of the immediate Phelps clan, so we should become seriously worried if they liked any of us for any reason.

My crudely phrased remark in an earlier post was meant to suggest that if the WBC is the thick end of the wedge, then there is (as GP says) huge tacit support for them among evangelical Christians; if it is the thin end of the wedge, then we can expect the lunacy to develop.

Either way, we lose.

If we're to swallow the New Testament nonsense, the whole Christian shebang started with a membership of just thirteen. The WBC already outnumbers that core group. And they're taking hold without even a crucifixion. Nearest they got was a recent financial wrist slap. And, unlike their Jesus, they are exercising their right of appeal.

Cheers. Neil

Neil

Photon
Michael Phelps' middle name is Fred. Unfortunate, actually. Not that there's anything wrong with "Fred", one of our most endeared editing addicts has that name, but the juxtaposition of "Fred" and "Phelps" makes me want to pee in the pool.

neilmarr
At least our Fred has the good grace to spell his name backwards in obvious protest against his unspeakable namesakes. Lien

Doubting Thomas
I would say that the Phelps clan is in the narrow end of the wedge, especially since their protests at military funerals have really made them anathemas even among fundamentalist Christians. The thing is that most fundie and mainstream Christians here in the US are very conservative, and so are consequently usually Republican. They are also very patriotic and pro-military, so anyone protesting funerals of people they deem as heroes is not going to be looked upon favorably. So instead of being embraced for their anti-gay views, they are seen as the bizarre hate cult they really are. Any support for their stance against homosexuality among conservative Christians dissolved as soon as they started protesting military funerals.

Furthermore, as bizarre as many fundamentalist Christians can be, they usually still believe that their god is a god of love, and they may have a hard time accepting the WBC's claims that God hates America or God hates the world. They may agree with the idea of God's "punishments" of earthquakes in San Francisco or hurricanes hitting New Orleans, but it may be a stretch for them to accept that God hates the entire country.
Edited by Doubting Thomas on 09/17/2008 13:06

neilmarr
Thing is, DT, that the tenets of any religion leave the door open for what we call 'extremism', but which is, actually, only one manifestation of the messages contained in the scriptures jealously defended by 'moderates'.

For this reason, I re-state that there is no such thing as a 'benign moderate'. Monotheistic religions are inherently lethal and (by even atheistic standards) reek of evil.

Only by scrapping the scriptures that justify lunacy can we rid ourselves of Fred Phelps-style outrage and bloody suicide killers.

The manifested threat of all religion is only a matter of degree.

Religion -- in any shape or form (tea-and-crumpet to Bin Laden) -- is incompatible with civilised society.

Neil

Doubting Thomas
I agree totally, Neil. It's not too much of a stretch to say that God is going to punish evil people (which is a universal theme in all Christian denominations) to saying that God hates fags, Americans, the UK, or whatever. Once you label certain people evil based on characteristics that you disagree with, it's easy to make your god hate them. And the thing is that they are no more wrong than more mainstream Christian denominations. Nobody has a monopoly on what God thinks (obviously because he doesn't exist), so someone saying that God is an all-loving, caring, & benevolent being toward all humankind is no more right than the fanatical "God hates fags"-sign carrying nutjobs of the WBC. It seems that the only determination of who is right about what God thinks is which side has more believers. Or, if you are a believer, which side you're standing on.

catman
I challenge anyone to read Leviticus and say that the god portrayed therein is benign and loving. How could his son say to 'turn the other cheek', 'love thy neighbor', etc and so forth...was that intended to apply only to other 'chosen people'? Certainly not to 'all humankind' if the old laws were to be upheld, unless they were all converts. A mass of contradictions. but since the main protagonists are all imaginary, it wouldn't matter if so many people didn't take it so seriously.

Jump to Forum: