View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
CAT BLOW ARSE!!!
cheshiredragon
I like RATS!! Here is the MOMMA!
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/themomma.jpg

and ONE of her 8 babies!!!
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/baby.jpg

The mother and I have a special bond. As long as I don't harass the babies, she wont eat them. hehe Pfft
That's right, I said it...

schmoo
AW! Look at the wee thing!

RayvenAlandria
Snake food!

*ducks and runs*

cheshiredragon
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Snake food!

*ducks and runs*

sweet heart, I had 15 snakes at one time when I was 12-18. It cost about 400$/mo to feed all them.(3 rats/mice per week per snake @ 2$ a pop) This is NOT the first time I have raised rats. Smile I am breeding these for food purposes. When my cousin moves here in Dec. I will be offering his Ball Python some rat delicacies. I tend to get attached to the parents and not the babies. It is odd I know but, then it is not hard to divvy them up as food. Besides its the food chain heh Of course after I started breeding rats I was able to get my Burmese Python chickens instead of rabbits.

Maybe when my cousin gets here I'll post a pic(or video) of his snake eating one if you like har har har Wink

Hypatia
TurtleLady would love this thread, since she started raising rats in addition to turtles.

Maybe when my cousin gets here I'll post a pic(or video) of his snake eating one if you like har har har smiley

I, however, have been, seen, am now splitting and not coming back. Grin

Everyone else, enjoy.

Wink

Sinny
Shock CD Please...Please if you do post a snake eating a poor defenseless little mousie put it on another thread titled 'snake monster' or just something with the word snake so I know not to look.

I have a horrible fear of snakes and I can't stand to watch animals, reptiles eat each other or of a different species. The picture of it just burns into my brain and I end up having nightmares. Especially when I see it unexpectedly without warning. So Pleeeaase give us (me) a warning.

BTW the little one you are holding looks barely born. I hope they aren't a couple of weeks old when you feed the helpless critters to the snake. I take it you now know I wouldn't dare feed a mouse, rat to my kitties.

Hypatia, I think TurtleLady would most likely be screaming at CD so I get what you mean with she would love this. She sure does love her rats. I hope she's doing better too bad I don't have her e-mail to let her know where we are now.
Edited by Sinny on 10/13/2008 10:31

cheshiredragon
HAHA, no worries. I am not going to post anything like that. If anyone wants to see anything like that, just hit up YouTube. They have everything on there.
Oh and you shouldn't be afraid of snake. They are not out to get you. All my 9ft-80LB Burmese Python wanted to do was hang around my shoulders while I wowed the lawn or walked around outside. I lived in the sticks when I was growing up so not like I was some strange kid walking around with a giant snake hanging of his shoulders. Everyone knew me and it was normal. Anyway, granted there are snakes out there that can hurt you, they will slither away to hid before they fight. You really have to go after them for a while to have them finally turn on you.

catman
I have never had a snake for a pet, but I've always rather liked them. Some are actually rather beautiful, IMO. Did you ever see the Simpsons episode concerning snakes, using Barry White as the snake's voice?
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
Thank you CD >>>>HUGS<<<<<

The way I see it it's a personal preference when it comes to what kind of pets we choose to have in homes/lives. I think snakes can't be domesticated and can be dangerous, even when everything necessary to be safe around them has been done.

I knew this kid in HS who had a pet snake and he had it around his neck and shoulders while walking around town. I think he did that for attention. He could have held the snake at home not on the street in public. Anyway one day the snake out of freaking nowhere decided to attack a young girl who knew it and was talking to the Mike the whole time. It got her right in the face. She of course flipped out screaming because of the pain and fear. Though she had no fear of the snake, I forget the snakes name now but still she know both Mike and the snake. The snake I assumed at the time knew her too but apparently they can't distinguish between humans. Some snakes in the wild, I have been told, will chase you. Some are aggressive and some aren't. I saw on some program, I was totally mentally prepared to watch knowing a snake would be on it with humans and I still jumped, pulled up my feet off the floor, changed the channel when it attacked a guy. That thing could have easily attacked the baby the mother was holding up to the snake. When I worked up the nerve to look again LOL they showed how the snake was following the person it intended to attack. That's a sign to look for....the staring eyes and following.

Well I had nightmares that night, serves me right for attempting to satisfy my curiosity and trying learn about them. I got one in my apt. and the freakin thing climbed in bed with me. I never got over that.

Pythons are illegal where I live.....thank you municipal/residential laws.

cheshiredragon
My Python bit me once in the 5 years I had her. It was out of stupidity too. Always wash your hands after holding their food. Snakes do have a tendency to flip out more than another animal but, I am a firm believer of and animal is only as well behaved as the owner. In other words,if you are mean and mistreat your pet they will return that favor.

catman
Snakes have only rudimentary brains, after all. They can't be blamed for acting like snakes. As I recall, the human cerebellum is referred to as the 'reptilian brain'. Notions of right and wrong are certainly beyond their ken.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

cheshiredragon
Agreed, their brains are so small and basic they only know how to eat, sleep and reproduce.

I think George Carlin did a bit on the reptilian and mammalian brain function...pretty damn funny

Wish I could remember which of his dozen albums it is on.
Edited by cheshiredragon on 10/14/2008 13:41

RayvenAlandria
Sinny, snakes don't stare at you with emotional intent. They have no eyelids. They always *stare*. If they are in aggressive mode and flicking their tongue a lot and following your movements, yeah, you might get bit. If you get bitten, it's your own fault for doing something stupid. Snakes only bite if they consider you a threat or you smell like food.

They do not normally chase people either. I have heard of a very few super rare occurrences where a highly aggressive snake such as a black mamba gave chase for a few feet, but most snakes do not chase people. They are afraid of you. They want to escape.

It is my opinion that snakes can taste the difference between people. My snakes would be calm with me but might flick away nervously at someone they'd never met before.

CD, I have had hundreds of snakes over the years. I have also raised rats, mice and rabbits for food items. Some rodents were pets and didn't get gobbled though. I had one breeder female I named "snake food", but she never became snake food.Grin

schmoo
I'm with the side of "an animal will always act like an animal". When an animal attacks a human it is almost always the humans fault in some way, whether it was an intentional goading of the animal or an unintentional resemblance in behavior (or, sometimes, appearance) to that animals normal prey or enemy.

Humans often fail to read obvious clues about how an animal is feeling, and humans unfortunately often treat animals as if they were animated toys. I damn near got bitten by one of my cats because of a territorial dispute between the cats regarding my bed. One cat had agree not to get on the bed, I picked up that cat and put it on the bed anyway-the cat KNEW not to be up there and growled at me in order to get away from the bed and thus not get into an argument with the other cat about it again. My own fault-I was oblivious.

Sinny
Yeah Schmoo like staring at a snake when to the snake that is reason for attack. All too often people don't understand the body language of their pets and that leads to unwanted and unexpected attacks. Also taking the animal out of it's natural environment or the environment it feels safe in can cause an attack. I still think it also has a lot do with animals that can't be domesticated. To me a snake fits the bill but to CD they aren't, he knows how to handle them and I don't plus he's not scared shitless of them.

I'll stick with my cats. Now to get Norton to stop dominating Trixie. She is a nervous hyper little pussy. I stopped her going crazy with the behavior of crazy kitty syndrom in the evening. I realized Norton was picking on her too much so when I caught him just at the right time I swatted his behind and kept correcting his behavior. It worked so far. Trixie finally stopped going nuts in the next room while constantly looking in the direction of the room Norton was in. She was venting her frustration at him when he wasn't there. She was too afraid to take it out on him and acted out when he wasn't around until I swatted him. You should have seen the look she gave me it was like I was her hero. For the first time in like a month she sat in my lap that night and had no fear of Norton. Every time before then she would run as soon as he came in the room because he demanded he get all of my attention. Sheesh they are like human brother and sister.

schmoo
Yoda has gotten to be quite the possessive bully, in regards to me. I am HIS human, he sleeps on ME, and the Zoe is not welcome.

However, in my sewing/guest room, Zoe and I nap on the futon and Yoda doesn't venture in, and when he does I boot him back out. She's got to have somewhere to snuggle with her peeps. And she is still Queen of the Kitchen, where she steals food and lurks in the sink waiting for us to turn the water on for her, and Lady of the Living Room,(both places Yoda is still afraid to go) where she decorates DH's lap when we watch TV.

catman
My two old brother cats, Siggy and Willy (formally, Siegfried and Wilfred) get along fine 99.9% of the time. They are nearing 14 years old, but are still much like they were 10 years ago. They are both rather spoiled, although of course they regard their easy lives as their due. Which I suppose it is.

cheshiredragon
Sinny: Snakes WILL always win in a staring contest and they have that "evil" glare because they can't help it. If they do go toward you in that sense you feel it is chasing you is most likely because that is the ONLY way to escape.
Example: (and thank you Raven, you reminded me of it) A long time ago, I was about 15 and my friend's dad worked at a zoo. In the reptile house, of course, it was his job to open the cages and throw the food in. He gets to the Black Mamba cage, these snakes are extremely fast, another attendant has to identify where the snake is in the cage. The other attendant says, "yeah the snake is on the far side." His dad opens the hatch and before he could blink the snake took of through the hatch and right over his shoulder, within inches of his face. Took them all a few hrs to find it and capture it but, the snake had no intentions of attacking him even though he had a fat juicy rat in his hand. It just wanted to escape, "OH FREEDOM, HORRIBLE FREEDOM!"

I agree with you both on an animal will only attack because the human is acting dumb. That is why my python bit me, I smelled like a rat.

Raven, you know, I still don't have a name for the momma but, I may just call her that, Momma. She WILL die of old age. I am also going to keep one daughter and one son to keep the line going for food production though and those two will also live out their lives. I have never raised rabbits or anything else, well except mice but they are just small rats. Very jumpy though(hoppers) HAHA
Edited by cheshiredragon on 10/16/2008 00:33

cheshiredragon
I figure a few more shots of the wee ones.
Doggy or RAT pile of the 8.
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/doggypile.jpg

This one kissed my nose
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/singlebaby.jpg

and this one, I think, licked my eyeball
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/eyeball.jpg

General-Pryce
I must show these pics to Regan. She adores animals and I've known her spend an entire evening looking up animal vids on Youtube.

Jump to Forum: