View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
CAT BLOW ARSE!!!
cheshiredragon
HAHAHA, if you want more just let me know. I am not much of a photo person but, for the rats, sure. I'll have periodic one of the babies until they grow up too
That's right, I said it...

General-Pryce
That'd be cool. Keep 'em coming!

Sinny
RayvenAlandria, I never thought about snakes not having eyelids. That's funny now that I think of it I don't recall ever seeing a snake blink. Yeah flicking the tongue but I mean staring as in moving their head around not turning away, they kind of follow you...that's when to watch out. Most of the time it is the fault of the human but sometimes snakes, like all animals, can be unpredictable. A sudden move, a scent that's not the scent of food but maybe fear or something else we aren't aware of can trigger an animal to attack too. I should have made myself more clear when I said about snakes chasing people. I heard about that and saw it on TV but you are also right that they don't always chase after a person. I would think though that if out in the desert or where ever they would only do that if you are close to their domain or they think you are a threat to them. I think the reason Mike's snake attacked was because it either smelled a scent she wasn't aware of having on her or maybe she moved different that day.

I think snakes are way too dangerous to have as pets. But that doesn't mean someone thinks the same thing. It all a matter of preference when it comes to having pets. The way I see it you can't cuddle with them, they have no personality, they just can't be domesticated. They can and do attack without much of a warning. Though they do give warning signs and the owner has to be aware of what those signs are they still can attack so fast the warning signs might not be enough. I don't know for sure just what I'm thinking.

I also remember a true story I read about years ago. It sort of stuck in my head. A woman had the freakin snake in another room, door closed, her 4 or 5 yr. old daughter in the other room. The woman put a live chicken in the room with the snake and the freakin thing went after the woman (owner) instead of the chicken. As I recall the chicken ran real fast, probably knowing it was in a room with a predator, It immediately went after her and swallowed up her whole arm. She freaked of course and managed to pull herself with snake attached and tried to hit, stab it anything to get it to let go. She screamed out to her daughter to go to her room because by then she was in the same room with her daughter. Knowing every second counted she managed to call for help. Well they got the snake off her arm, she didn't loose the arm but went through, I think it was 2 surgeries. Her daughter wasn't attacked but of course very shaken up. She said she feared for her daughter more than she did for herself because her daughter was small enough to be nearly swallowed up whole. Oh and I wondered if she had the scent of the chicken on her that might have triggered her being on the menu. She did say she had on a pair of dishwashing gloves but I think that's not enough protection from getting the scent of the chicken on her.

CD are you going to feed the baby rats while they are babies or when they grow up?

cheshiredragon
Sinny wrote:
I also remember a true story I read about years ago. It sort of stuck in my head. A woman had the freakin snake in another room, door closed, her 4 or 5 yr. old daughter in the other room. The woman put a live chicken in the room with the snake and the freakin thing went after the woman (owner) instead of the chicken. As I recall the chicken ran real fast, probably knowing it was in a room with a predator, It immediately went after her and swallowed up her whole arm. She freaked of course and managed to pull herself with snake attached and tried to hit, stab it anything to get it to let go. She screamed out to her daughter to go to her room because by then she was in the same room with her daughter. Knowing every second counted she managed to call for help. Well they got the snake off her arm, she didn't loose the arm but went through, I think it was 2 surgeries. Her daughter wasn't attacked but of course very shaken up. She said she feared for her daughter more than she did for herself because her daughter was small enough to be nearly swallowed up whole. Oh and I wondered if she had the scent of the chicken on her that might have triggered her being on the menu. She did say she had on a pair of dishwashing gloves but I think that's not enough protection from getting the scent of the chicken on her.

CD are you going to feed the baby rats while they are babies or when they grow up?

That lady had no business having a snake that big if she did not know how to execute proper handling.
First thing, you have no one else in the room when you are feeding because that confuses a snake.
Second, she must have been doing something to make that snake attack her and not the chicken, the snake will ALWAYS go after the smaller prey. It is too much effort for a snake to bring down a large animal. How it managed to get up her whole arm is beyond me.
Third, don't freak out when a snake bites you because that only makes it think, "OH I did get food." Pulling away is what the prey does and it only causes the snake to bite harder and start coiling. When my python bit me, I just let it bite me. I didn't pull away and within a few seconds it let go. One thing to always have around is Jack Daniels or some other potent whiskey. Why? Snakes have what is called a "third eye" and it is located between their eyes on the top of their heads. This thing becomes very sensitive when they go into attack or feeding mode. If the snake does bite, hold on and start coiling grab the bottle and sprinkle some of that on their head and you will never see a snake retreat so fast.

I am going to feed them when they are a bit older. His snake is rather large and if the rats are too small I will have to feed them ALL to his snake rather than 1 or 2.

This is a Ball Python(and no Sinny, not eating Rats. it is a "safe for all ages" video) :
http://www.youtub...f9lX6hCgv0

She does speak wise on how to avoid a bite and pull a snake off of you buuuut, it won't work for a larger python. She also mentions a warning strike and that is VERY true. Many of my various smaller king snakes did that.

Sinny
Thank You CD Smile that wasn't a scary as hell video. I cringed at first but then saw it wasn't so bad to watch. Quick, to the point and not at all gross or scary.

I suspect that woman I talked about was in the room with her snake. Dumb thing to do during feeding time. I would have creaked the door open just enough to throw the chicken in and immediately closed it. Of course not until after I can see where the snake is so it wouldn't be too close to the door and myself. If they embellished on the story about the snake having her whole arm in it's mouth I would most likely still believe it only because I don't know as much about them as you and RayvenAlandria do. I thought it had to be one large ass snake to get that much of her either that or she is petite.

I asked you about your baby rats age when they become menu food because I'm kind of hopeing they won't be mature/old enough to know what's happening to them. IMO all animals know fear and when they are being eaten when the get past their baby stage. Kind of like being sentient for them on their level. If that makes any sense.

Good advice and much appreciated. Though I truly hope I never need it. I have heard about a third eye conerning snakes but never knew what it actually was until now.

I did the same with my Norton when he bit me way hard one time. I was playing in a teasing way with him and he went right into my arm but not hard enough to make marks just enough to let me know hey cut it out, I don't like that. His jaws are like the jaws of death. He has no idea how strong his jaw is. If Trixie did that here needle teeth would have made me bleed for sure.

His jaw is stronger but his teeth aren't as sharp. Her teeth are needle sharp but her jaw isn't nearly as strong.

Funny how nature compensates like that huh.

cheshiredragon
Sinny wrote:
Thank You CD Smile that wasn't a scary as hell video. I cringed at first but then saw it wasn't so bad to watch. Quick, to the point and not at all gross or scary.

I suspect that woman I talked about was in the room with her snake. Dumb thing to do during feeding time. I would have creaked the door open just enough to throw the chicken in and immediately closed it. Of course not until after I can see where the snake is so it wouldn't be too close to the door and myself. If they embellished on the story about the snake having her whole arm in it's mouth I would most likely still believe it only because I don't know as much about them as you and RayvenAlandria do. I thought it had to be one large ass snake to get that much of her either that or she is petite.

I asked you about your baby rats age when they become menu food because I'm kind of hopeing they won't be mature/old enough to know what's happening to them. IMO all animals know fear and when they are being eaten when the get past their baby stage. Kind of like being sentient for them on their level. If that makes any sense.

Good advice and much appreciated. Though I truly hope I never need it. I have heard about a third eye conerning snakes but never knew what it actually was until now.

I did the same with my Norton when he bit me way hard one time. I was playing in a teasing way with him and he went right into my arm but not hard enough to make marks just enough to let me know hey cut it out, I don't like that. His jaws are like the jaws of death. He has no idea how strong his jaw is. If Trixie did that here needle teeth would have made me bleed for sure.

His jaw is stronger but his teeth aren't as sharp. Her teeth are needle sharp but her jaw isn't nearly as strong.

Funny how nature compensates like that huh.

Still even if it happened like you would have done, that snake would have to of been super hungry to go after her that fast still thinking the chicken was in her hand. Why it blows my mind, is that it take a snake a long time to gulp down their food. They don't eat fast at all and for it to have swallowed her whole arm would have taken a good 5min. Dunno, the story just doesn't add up to me. Not calling you a liar, I think the story was exaggerated a bit by the author.
I agree about the rats, if you like I can kill them humanely instead of having them crushed to death by the python. I used to do that to large rats when my Burmese was smaller because she was an Albino. Rats tend to bite and turn scales red for a long time..usually two sheds(about 10mo) to get rid of a red scale and it looks awful on a beautiful white and yellow background.

This is the product of a good owner. No red scales. These two are BEAUTIFUL specimens. Twinkie was slightly larger than the one in the second tank(Left).
I don't have my stereo on so I have no idea if anything is being said.
Another SAFE video:
http://www.youtub...re=related
Edited by cheshiredragon on 10/18/2008 19:41

cheshiredragon
HEY GP! here ya go! one more for Regan. They so grown up!!!
Sadly, there is always a runt. I tried to save him but he just couldn't hold it on his own. My roomie even tried to help when I was at work but, I told her just to keep him safe and warm.
He died in her hands later that day Sad I say I never get attached to the babies but, that one just hit me hard for some reason.

i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/rat_babies.jpg

Jump to Forum: