View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Movie Discusssions
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
AMC
Nails3Jesus0
So I'm sitting at home watching Constantine on AMC. Do you think this stuff scares Catholics? or the religious in general? Mr. Reeves is quite possibly the worst actor I have ever seen. I'm just sitting here, eating Almond Joys and laughing my ass off.

Cynic
I just think it's funny what qualifies as a "classic" on AMC these days.

Hypatia
Agreed Cynic.

Haven't seen Constantine, but I love Almond Joys. There are some out in dark chocolate, but I think they're only out for a limited time. Yum.

Oooh oooh - AMC is showing Pet Sematary next. I love that movie.

N3J0 - got anymore Almond Joys? I'll share my chocolate chip cookies - Chunky Chips Ahoy?
Edited by Hypatia on 10/26/2008 00:47

catman
I really love dark M&Ms. Sometimes Sam's Club has a big box of 24 little packets of them for sale, and I'm set. Unfortunately, last time I was there, they didn't have them, so I settled for a big box of Butterfinger bars.

I just can't understand why I'm not losing weight.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
Gee Cat, doesn't make sense to me. Just like I can't figure out why I'm gaining weight.

Anyhoo - dark chockie is my absolute fav these days. And with Halloween just around the corner there's all kinds of candy available in dark chocolate.

Damn. I wish my freezer wasn't so full right now. I think candy freezes pretty well. I'll make room. Where there's dark chocolate, there's a way...

*sales going on soon... *

Wink

catman
I'm trying to hold the line on weight because I don't want to have to buy more clothing that I can fit my immense girth into.

I'm a chocoholic, I admit it. Almost any kind will do, but I especially like dark chocolate. Hershey's makes an 'extra dark' bar that is 60% cacao, and it's fabulous, if expensive (and fattening).
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Nails3Jesus0
Cynic wrote:
I just think it's funny what qualifies as a "classic" on AMC these days.

I know, huh. Aparently there aren't many if Constantine makes the list.

Nails3Jesus0
Hypatia wrote:

N3J0 - got anymore Almond Joys? I'll share my chocolate chip cookies - Chunky Chips Ahoy?

I bought them for the kids on Halloween, but it seem I'm unable to stop eating them. I'm not one for candy, but I love Almond Joys.

Theory_Execution
Is AMC a TV thing in america? We have them as actual cinemas.

Catman, I have only ever heard of a Hershey in referece to a turd, makes more sense to me now.

Love chocolate myself, not a great fan of the dark stuff, I used to have headaches brought on by it as a kid.

Do you get Malteasers in the US?

Cynic
AMC = American Movie Classics

It's a movie channel on cable, and I guess not surprisingly limited to the American market.

Theory_Execution
The AMC cinemas are pretty good, big, good sound. Though I did go to one and the sound was lost for a moment.

derF
Almond joys will do in a pinch. But sometimes the only thing that works for me is a Heath bar. Especially if there is some vanilla ice cream lying around nearby not doing anything. I used to think Reeses peanut butter cups were about as good as you can get but now I almost view them more as a food than a candy. And if I come over someday and all you have is a bag of Kit Kat bars, don't worry, you won't hear any complaints from me.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

General-Pryce
For the Brits on here: Wispa bars ARE BACK! The love of the eighties has finally returned to the corner shop's sweet rack! Now if only they would bring back Wispa Gold (It had a thin layer of caramel inside).

But a movie warrants pop-corn- cinema sweet.

Nails, how can you call good old Keanu the worst actor ever- what of the wonder that is Bill and Ted!

Party on Dude!
Edited by General-Pryce on 10/27/2008 00:03

cheshiredragon
General-Pryce wrote:
Nails, how can you call good old Keanu the worst actor ever- what of the wonder that is Bill and Ted!

Party on Dude!

Cause Bill & Ted were idiots. Either way I think, The Matrix would have been much better without him. Doesn't he look like he is always squinting. "hey, the sun is too bright, turn it down." He always looks so emotionless too.

Oh yeah, AMC is a shat channel. It used to be good sometime back in the 90s. I usually stick to TCM(Turner Classic Movies) and they have the good black and whites: Cassablanca, The Maltese Falcon and more. I even think that the old skool Twilight Zones were more suspenseful than some of todays stuff. Stuff today is trying to scare you and you can see it coming, back in the day it was just a big mind fsck.
That's right, I said it...

Cynic
I read recently that Will Smith was their first choice, but he chose to do Wild Wild West instead.

cheshiredragon
Well that was Will Smith's bad choice. That movie was awful. Black men have no business acting in Westerns or Horror. You all saw how bad Haunted Mansion was. You know, the Eddie Murphy one?
That's right, I said it...

Cynic
I think I may be the only person on the planet that enjoyed WWW. Smile

Jump to Forum: