View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » Election 2008 (US)
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Opie, Andy, Richie and the Fonz support Obama
Skeeve
http://www.funnyo...cc65ed650d
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Very cool. I actually saw a bit of this on CNN but hadn't caught all of it. Wish it didn't make me feel so old though.

Cynic
Heh. I thought Henry Whinkler slipped back into The Fonz pretty convincingly. I was surprized to see Andy Griffith doing that, considering the gospel albumns he'd been peddling. Guess it doesn't pay to put too much into stereotypes.

Sinny
Wow It's like Henry Winkler just barely aged.

Seeker why should you feel old it was the re-runs years later that you saw Wink
Edited by Sinny on 10/26/2008 19:33

Skeeve
Yeah, weeker, what she said.

*not editing mine Sinny...it might confuse people Smile
Edited by Skeeve on 10/27/2008 11:54

Sinny
Oops ha ha ha ha I mean Seeker. I'll edit now LOL.

Good catch there Skeever.
Edited by Sinny on 10/26/2008 19:33

derF
Well, well, well. That sure took me down a few streets I haven't frequented in a long time. It's amazing what Hollywood make up artists can achieve. Opie and Pa was a bit too far back for either Ron or Andy but the Cunningham and Fonz characters didn't look like they had aged all that much. Hey!
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

seeker
Sinny wrote:

Well, first of all I didn't see them in re-runs, I actually watched the Andy Griffith show when I was a kid (the show started in 1960 when I was four and ran until 1968 when I was 12, in a way I actually grew up with Opie).

Skeeve
I can't remember if I watched Andy Griffith weekly, but I do remember watching new shows of Gunsmoke.

*edited grammar Wink
Edited by Skeeve on 10/27/2008 11:52

Cynic
I remember watching new shows of Mork & Mindy. Wink

catman
Nanu-nanu! That was a good show until they misused Jonathan Winters (one of the funniest people ever) on it in the final season.

Skeeve: I think Gunsmoke was a very good show. I still see it every once in a while. The interplay between Festus and Doc is hilarious.

"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
seeker wrote:
Sinny wrote:

Well, first of all I didn't see them in re-runs, I actually watched the Andy Griffith show when I was a kid (the show started in 1960 when I was four and ran until 1968 when I was 12, in a way I actually grew up with Opie).

I know Seeker I was just trying to come up with an excuse to say you're not that old just say you saw them on the re-runs, with the winky. It's what us women do but I guess you guys don't try to wiggle out of revealing or accepting you're getting older. I'm just starting to try and accept that I am getting old but still fighting it.

seeker
Sinny wrote:

I know Seeker I was just trying to come up with an excuse to say you're not that old just say you saw them on the re-runs, with the winky. It's what us women do but I guess you guys don't try to wiggle out of revealing or accepting you're getting older. I'm just starting to try and accept that I am getting old but still fighting it.

You are only as old as you feel so if you don't let anybody feel you...

derF
catman wrote:
Nanu-nanu! That was a good show until they misused Jonathan Winters (one of the funniest people ever) on it in the final season.

I don't know if you can find it anywhere, (U Tube perhaps) but Johnny Carson had Jonathan Winters and Robin Williams as guests on his show one night. They were so hilarious that Johnny wisely just gave them the floor and let them do their thing. They finally went to commercial but as soon as they came back live Winters and Williams went at it again. It literaly was the Winters/Williams show for nearly half an hour. I nearly peed my pants I laughed so hard.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

seeker
derF - I'd loved to have seen that. Winters could be hilarious at times and pre-rehab Robin Williams was just incredible.

Hypatia
Cool Ron Howard/Andy Griffith/Henry Winkler video.

I grew up watching the Andy Griffith show, too, and still watch re-runs.

I'd have loved to have seen Winters and Williams on the Carson show too - too bad I missed that. They had to have been absolutely hilarious together, and I can just picture Carson sitting back, grinning, laughing and letting them go for it.

Nails3Jesus0
Cynic wrote:
I remember watching new shows of Mork & Mindy. Wink

I remember when that show come out also. I was born and raised in Boulder and I can remember thinking "why would anybody want to make a tv show set in Boulder? what so special about this town?"
For years, when I met new people, and was asked "where you from?" "Boulder, Colorado." - "OHH! Mork and Mindy Town!"
After a while I stopped telling the truth because I was sick of the inevitable reposnse.
Most don't remember that show now, or have atleast forgotten the town it was set in. Thank No god!

Cynic
I grew up in a Pittsburgh suburb called Beaver Falls and used to have that trouble -- it was were Mr. Belvedere was set.

Jump to Forum: