View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Genius!
General-Pryce
Not sure if this fits best in here or the jokes section, but I found this webpage, for all of you who need to potty train your puss!

http://www.catsea...

Sinny
Ha ha ha ha the idea of someone teaching their pussy to use their own toilet is funny. It's also icky too. I don't like the idea of having to wait for my little one's to get done using it when I need to. Also I don't like the idea of my tooshie being in the same place as their toochie's.

Don't laugh...well ok you can LOL. check out what I want.

The first post will clue you in.

http://atheiststo...ead_id=343

Now that is what I call hygenic Wink

Though a little out there but then I love my pussies.

*edited link
Edited by Skeeve on 11/03/2008 21:45

derF
I remember when the old TV show, America's Funniest Home Videos was still in production someone submitted a video of their cat perched on the toilet seat doing his business and upon completion actually flushed the toilet all by itself. The owner had started putting the catbox in the toilet below the seat and the cat got the idea. After a lot of behavior modification the cats owner got the cat to the point where it would use the toilet and flush it when it was finished. Amazing. Never underestimate the intelligence of lower life forms.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
Sometimes I wonder which is the lower life form.

Sinny, I'd be all for my cats using the human toilet. They go a lot faster than we do. Most of the time mine spend in the litterbox is used in covering up their excreta.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
Nnnnn, how 'bout NO?

I think it's part of a cat's natural instinct to enjoy scratching in the litter and covering up what they leave behind - what they won't be leaving behind where my behind goes.

Ack.

catman
Well, hopefully, they would miss the toilet seat and drop it in the water.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

derF
Cats senses are much more acute than our own. If they can aim their feces into a little dirt hole not much bigger that my fist I am sure they will have no trouble getting their business well centered into a hole 10 times that big. (Are we really having this conversation?)

catman
Not any more...Wink

Hypatia
Good, it's settled then. The litter box it is.

Hee hee.

derF
Thank you, thank you.

Sinny
Now wait a minute here LOL. I still want that CatGenie. It's much more hygenic not only for the cats but myself too. The waste is cleaned so it's no problem for me when it goes into my toilet. I don't have to wait for pussy cats to get done, though Catman you are right they are fast and I would only have to purchase the cleaning supplies once a month. If I still lived in my basement apt. I'd get it right quick since there's more room next to my toilet. Ok Norton couldn't use it when he's dizzy but hopefully he'll completely recover soon.

catman
Pardon me for saying so, but I just had a mental image of a dizzy cat trying to use a toilet.

Hypatia
Can cats swim? Tread water?

I'm sorry! Please forgive me!

yikes

catman
I think they can, but most (not all) don't like to. It seems like I read somewhere that cheetahs like water, but toilets are too small for them.

Sinny
catman wrote:
Pardon me for saying so, but I just had a mental image of a dizzy cat trying to use a toilet.

ha ha ha ha ha I just pictured that too Catman LOL.

Well if a dizzy cat has what my Norton had I suggest not using the toilet or a CatGenie. The cat would fall in LOL. that happened to a cat of mine years ago. She jumped up and I right away said no Kitty but too late she fell in LOL. What a look I got from her, like it was my fault, before and after I fished her out. Poor dear her pride totally went down the toilet LOL. She just couldn't get out. BTW the seat was loose so that's why she fell in and I was glad I kept it clean. She never went to jump up on an open toilet seat again LOL. They never forget.

catman
No, they don't forget losing face like that. They have a keen sense of self-worth. You're lucky you didn't get clawed when you fished her out. If you didn't, that is. Chances are it was very traumatic for her when she couldn't get herself out.

derF
Cats instinctively know how to swim. The South American jaguar happens to be a very proficient fisherman. It is just that the normally land lubber felines don't like to get wet because it is so much work to dry out and reduce how much of their odor gets evaporated into the air. They are not mad about getting wet they are pissed off that their prey will find it easier to detect them, for a while.
Edited by derF on 11/10/2008 00:59

Bob of QF
I was mildly interested in the cat-seat toilet, until I saw the price tag!

I could build a custom-fit one for 1/3 the cost....

*sigh*

My cats are super-picky, and have the luxury of a heavily modified Litter Maid auto scooper.

I only need to pay attention to the litter pan every couple of days. Once a week or so, I empty the jumbo receptacle in the trash.

Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Sinny
How true Catman Smile she always demanded respect. I picked her up from under her armpits and watched out for her back feet claws. She was so pissed and at the same time seemed glad I fished her out before she nearly drowned herself so yep she was panicked to say the least. She was full grown but smaller than most cats. She had a rounded look to her body. To this day I think she had a little munchkin in her.

Derf that's quite interesting to know. I could see them getting po'd about having to clean themselves until they finally dry and being spotted by the prey they want to hunt but not only that they could be spotted by an enemy who see's them as prey. Being soaking wet slows them down. That spells danger to them.

John H. I'm glad you said modified. My Mother had the litterMaid and it sucked big time. She bought the large one and it filled up very fast. Her two cats were the unusually large type cats. I keep forgetting what they are called. I noticed at the end of the box where it would lift up the waste and between that end and the box the waste would go into...there was a space. The litter always fell through that space onto the floor. I hated that thing. It always smelled really bad and the litter would track all over the place. I bought her a huge Don Azlett Mat....no not the same kind that made my Norton so sick. This was the first clean machine mat he came out with that was made of plastic no rubber at all. The best product I ever found and safe for cats. That thing held more litter than any mat I had ever seen. The problem was that space that would pile up an unusual amount of litter on the mat and the cats always jumped out of the box which would throw the litter all over the room past the freaking mat.

What a bitch to clean and disinfect too. If I could I would get that CatGenie in a heart beat and have it installed a little lower to the floor for tailoring to my precious furry babies fancy.

Bob of QF
I've owned 3 littermaids over the years.

All have been modified.

The first thing I noticed was the container would fill within a day or at most a day and a half-- not what I wanted.

So, I modified it with a "funnel" where the original container went, and a plastic washtub below (it's mounted about 10" up off the floor on a platform).

The washtub just fits beneath, and the whole acts as a cover.

The tub still needs dumping, but only weekly, now.

My kitties always have a freshly scooped litter pan, and I don't need to pay attention daily.

I made other mods, (tweaks) but that's the gist.

I'm thinking of a Litter Robot next.... these are cool, I'm told.

http://www.amazon...11&sr=1-43

Then, there is this thing:

http://www.smartc...
Edited by Bob of QF on 11/10/2008 23:00
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: