View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Genius!
Hypatia
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2i8d4ao.gif[/img] is not a valid Image. $329.00?!!?

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/oath.png[/img] is not a valid Image.

Holy cat shit. I don't mind scooping the litter box that much.

I'll check out the other, more affordable one when I get over the $329.00.

Sinny
I don't care fot the robot one since it rotates. The rotation means all the litter, including the waste, would get all over the box while rotating. Then my precious little ones would be entering a dirty litter box. I would have to clean the entire dome everytime it emptied the box. Plus if it malfunctioned and one of them was already inside the dome box they could get hurt and filthy with all that from tumbling around in it before freaking out to get out.

I see some advantage to the smartbox but then I figure my two little piggies would eat the seeds LOL. Also some, at least, urine would fall through it and that would only lead to clean litter being mixed in with dirty litter. Then there's the cleaning of the top part that has some waste stuck to it, Yuck! So far the best is using the litter pan liners. I can scoop it up and hold the scraper under the waste while slightly lifting up the plastic to make what is stuck to it fall onto the scraper in one hard piece without crumbling and getting mixed in with the clean litter. Though I much prefer to use very little and throw the whole thing out and start new right away. Yeah it seems a waste to throw out liners so soon but at least it's sanitary for them.

I wish I knew how to modify the litter pan like you do Bob. You should video tape it and get your idea patented and/or work with the littermaid Company. You might have an invention that could possibly make you millions.

I so much want that CatGenie where they don't ever have to touch the letter and the waste is sanitized for me.
Edited by Sinny on 11/24/2008 00:17

Bob of QF
Sinny wrote:

I so much want that CatGenie where they don't ever have to touch the letter and the waste is sanitized for me.

I had one of the first generation ones. It lasted about a year and a half, then broke. The main mixing motor quit: but the company was out of business, and I could not get a replacement part.

I had hell getting my cats to accept the litter, too: it took me using the box as a regular pan, with regular litter for a couple of weeks (manual scooping, bleah!)

Then, gradually mixing the plastic pellets with standard litter (more mixing, wasted pellets....even more mess)

Finally, they grudgingly used just the plastic pellets. All was well, until the damn thing quit.

And I was forever tinkering with it, too, it seems. Not unlike a Fiat car (Fix It Again Tony).

I've my doubts about the "new and improved" model, CatGenie.

Moreover, the company sees ALL their customers as a Revenue Stream: the unit is deliberately constructed that you MUST buy ONLY THEIR chemical treatment cartridges or the machine refuses to function. I don't like their chemicals, myself. I used to use a few drops of ordinary (and harmless) hand dishwashing detergent and a drop or two of bleach when I manually ran my cycle. Since it rinsed twice, there was no residue, and no smell. (I hit upon this when, less than 2 weeks their stupid chemical cartridge ran out....DID NOT last "about a month" )
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
I think I'll stick with using the scoopable cat litter. It is such minimal trouble that I see no reason to change.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
Now I don't feel so bad not being able to have it Cool thanks Grin

I think I will stick to scooping the litter. It is really easy to do and really no work at all. Especially when it clumps so well and the liner makes it even easier when one or both decide to well go up against the wall of the pan, it rarely ever sticks to the liner and I never have to worry about disinfecting it. Just throw it all away after 2-3 days.

catman
If you keep enough litter in the pan, it minimizes the amount of cat excreta that ever touches the litter box. I just use a Sunday-sized newspaper bag to put the clumps and poop in, take it out in the yard at night and dump the stuff somewhere out of sight (a different place every night). It is never seen or smelled. I can get 40 pounds of scoopable cat litter at Sam's for <$10, and it lasts for several months.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
catman wrote:
I think I'll stick with using the scoopable cat litter. It is such minimal trouble that I see no reason to change.

Ramen Cat.

catman
Ramen Cat? Is that a noodle-shaped cat?Wink

Hypatia
Rhymes with 'amen' - get it?

Instead of amen, it's ramen.

But now that you mention it, sometimes Maggie looks kind of noodle-shaped, when she's bathing herself and kind of contorts. Wink

cheshiredragon
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/chicken-chicken-chicken-chicken.jpg

HAHAHAH, I kill me!
That's right, I said it...

Jump to Forum: