Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Palin makes her own SNL skit
Skeeve
Comedy writers couldn't have done this any better:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/k8DTSPzU0RI&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

RayvenAlandria
I think what struck me the most was that Palin has an incredibly shrill and annoying voice and that she sounds like a complete dumbass. Every time I hear her speak I wonder how the hell she got as far as she has in politics. She just doesn't seem very bright.

Doubting Thomas
She is a total airhead. What was funny was her last comment about being in the right place to prepare for cooking a turkey for thanksgiving while the guy is killing turkeys behind her.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Cynic
It doens't get anymore fresh than that!

seeker
Completely oblivious to her surroundings. I think it just says so much about her.

Bob of QF
seeker wrote:
Completely oblivious to her surroundings. I think it just says so much about her.

Completely oblivious.... period.

Anything that is not DIRECTLY about HER? Not on her radar...

...just doesn't get any more selfish than a True Believer(tm)
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Skeeve
I rarely read the text below news reports, which are sometimes worded to influence the audience. (FOX News esp.)

Which must be why I didn't notice these from the above video:

atheiststoday.com/images/msnbcturkey.jpg
found at AMERICAblog
Edited by Skeeve on 11/22/2008 08:47

seeker
The choice of that venue was poor in and of itself. I guess she could have made worse choices, a hospital mental ward, a prison, a whorehouse in Nevada...

Sinny
She picks a hatchery to do an interview for thanksgiving. What an idiot!! Does she have something against a more pleasant atmosphere for an interview, sheesh. I go to the supermarket for a turkey not a hatchery, I guess Alaska doesn't have supremarkets. It doesn't occur to her that this would be shocking and downright disgusting to many people watching this interview??!!?!?! Also she is oblivious to the fact that vegetarians also vote and not everyone lives or thinks like she does.

There were so many other choices for her to choose from to do that interview. For example doing the interview in a homeless shelter while she donates turkeys, already butchered..not in the process of it, side dishes, beverages, beds, clothes. How about an interview announcing to the homeless she is gathering up money donated from the rich Republicans for housing/shelter along with food and clothing and training courses/education for jobs.

cheshiredragon
seeker wrote:
The choice of that venue was poor in and of itself. I guess she could have made worse choices, a hospital mental ward, a prison, a whorehouse in Nevada...

HEY! The bunny ranches in Parhump, NV are not dirty, run down or surrounded by homeless. They are actually very nice. No, no I've never been to one although, I wouldn't mind trying it out. My cousin lives a few blocks away from one of them and I didn't even know it was a bunny ranch until we drove by it at night when the lights were on. In the day I thought it was just some windowless commercial office. Which in a way it is. haha

Back to the topic. I am glad you separated those images, Skeeve. They are hilarious. I never look at those either but it looks like the "Liberal" news station was making fun of her.
That's right, I said it...

Skeeve
I can't take credit for the screenshots. I stole them from AMERICAblog Grin

cheshiredragon
"Gov. Palin not realizing incongruity of her words versus her backdrop." HAHAHAHAHA

And that last line...
"...I'm where I need to be today to prepare for that."
OMG, you can't write better comedy!

Score one for you for posting them, it made me notice this time for sure. Grin
That's right, I said it...

derF
Methinks that this one will be looked back on and recognized as a real career killer for Palin. I hope so, anyway.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Doubting Thomas
At a party Saturday an aquantance was lamenting how "the news media makes Sarah Palin look stupid." I really had to bite my tongue to keep from saying that she does a good enough job of it herself. The only reason I had to keep from saying it was because I was in a room full of republicans who voted for McCain. But the fact remains, she is a stupid airhead, and not only the news media but the entire country with the exception of right-wing republicans can see her for what she is.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Jump to Forum: