View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What am I going to do with him
cheshiredragon
WOW! I guess some of us are more attached to our pets then I thought.
When I was 12 we had a huge(112LBs) Husky-German Shepherd mix that died when I was away on vacation with mom and the siblings. We get back and since my dad was junked up on drugs at the time he didn't even notice she(dog) had been laying on the front lawn for 3 days in May temperatures in Las Vegas. I should mention my dad stayed home while we went on vacation. I saw her on the lawn but, we had a big yard and couldn't tell as she was a good hundred or so feet away. I ran up and gave her a big hug. I leave the graphical part out but, after that incident I have never owned an animal that was big enough to bury.(If you don't get that I won't explain) My son wants a dog now and I am still leery of getting one. All, I have right now are about 10rats. My son has 2 birds and his mother has 1 hampster. I don't care if they are in a corner of their cages twitching with their last ounce of life; I will cover the cage and let them go peacefully.
That's right, I said it...

catman
CD: That is horrible. I hardly know what to say. Your dad must have really been 'junked up'.

I would care, though, if I saw any pet dying, no matter how small. I like hamsters and birds. (So do my cats.)Grin
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Cynic
Caring is a bitch. I still regret not killing one of my mice after it developed cancer and was obviously suffering. I didn't have the heart, but now I realize it would have been a hell of a lot nicer of me. And to think I'll soon be embarking on a career that could have me "sacrificing" animals on a regular basis. I'll have to consult some fundies to improve my ability to compartmentalize...

Damn CD, that's some fucking Stephen King material right there! Not sure I understand your reaction to it, but I wouldn't call your reaction unusual. I'd bet if you owned another dog you might get past that. Then again, I'd sooner have a damn giraffe than a dog and wouldn't wish on anyone who didn't really want one.

Cynic
Sinny: When I'm a senior citizen, and if I outlive my wife, I'll have to look into that home service for those hard to catch pussies too! Grin

Jump to Forum: