View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My 'OOPS' is bigger than yours!
cheshiredragon
Well everyone get ready to hop into the mind of Richard, idiot extraordinaire! That PM was meant to go out to the person titled and unknowingly I clicked the "send to all members" button. I never talk about that kind of thing in public and I am extremely embarrassed that it hit everyone. I log back in to see 3 messages, thinking that sinny went crazy then I see other members' names with the subject. I turned white and I think I fell out of my chair, all I remember is people helping me back up asking if I was ok.
All I can say is read and enjoy if you want to have some of my dirty laundry. However, seeing that it is all out in the open now FOR ALL REGISTERED MEMBERS (FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!) that is if you do have anything constructive to say please do. I am still shocked and shaking that I actually did something so dumb. Anyway, I decided to throw it out here since EVERYONE KNOWS NOW and just so you all don't read it and get weird from it, that is who I am and he is here to stay.

-Richard
That's right, I said it...

cheshiredragon
well, i should have posted this where EVERYONE can see it. i can't figure out how to move it so if anyone can please throw this out into 'The Lounge.'

catman
CD: I have no idea how to do that, having the equivalent of a third-grade education in computer stuff. But you needn't be embarrassed. I thought it quite heartfelt and well expressed. If more people in the world could be so open, we'd have a lot fewer problems. I was one of the three who answered (so far), BTW.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
cheshiredragon wrote:
Well everyone get ready to hop into the mind of Richard, idiot extraordinaire! That PM was meant to go out to the person titled and unknowingly I clicked the "send to all members" button. I never talk about that kind of thing in public and I am extremely embarrassed that it hit everyone. I log back in to see 3 messages, thinking that sinny went crazy then I see other members' names with the subject. I turned white and I think I fell out of my chair, all I remember is people helping me back up asking if I was ok.
All I can say is read and enjoy if you want to have some of my dirty laundry. However, seeing that it is all out in the open now FOR ALL REGISTERED MEMBERS (FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!) that is if you do have anything constructive to say please do. I am still shocked and shaking that I actually did something so dumb. Anyway, I decided to throw it out here since EVERYONE KNOWS NOW and just so you all don't read it and get weird from it, that is who I am and he is here to stay.

-Richard

Aaah, not to worry, man.

You ought not to be embarrassed for what is essentially a display of being very, very human: everyone has feelings, some deeper than others.

Nothing in what you wrote you ought to feel ashamed or bad about, man-- it just shows you're a deep and caring individual.

World needs more of those, IMO.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Theory_Execution
Ey up Chesh,

I sent a reply but didnt read beyond the initial line. I will have a read if you are ok with it and see if I can offer any advice.

Im most likely younger than you however, but different lives different experiences.

Heres one for you all, I once met a girl from Moldova, she had originally came to the UK illegally, beautiful girl, brilliant mind. Over the period of about a year I fell in love with her, wrote her a letter explaining my feelings.

We dont speak anymore. I sometimes kick myself that I said anything, that we could most likely still be friends now, but when it comes down to it, there is nothing worse than lying to (or living a lie around) people you would call friends.

jayon
cheshiredragon wrote:

-Richard

Don't beat yourself up. There was nothing in the letter that you should be ashamed of anyway, and I think you stated most of that situation before anyway (at least I think I saw it somewhere). Either way, it's good to talk and now you can really talk to everybody about it. Granted in the end, it's your decision on what to do, but it's good to run it by other people and get different perspectives. Regardless, I hope it works out. Oh, and sorry about reading the whole thing and replying even though I did see that it was for Sinny. Did you want me to go through the database and wipe out the rest of them?

jayon
Ok, to save you from further reading by people that it wasn't intended for. I have deleted all the ones that went to everyone, exluding the one to Sinny. I think I did it correctly, so check your outbox and see if it's ok. Now I can't prevent people that have already read or copied it, or replied, but as far as I can tell, the original letter should only be in Sinny's box right now.
Edited by jayon on 01/28/2009 13:09

catman
jayon: I saved it, but whatever you did even removed it from my archive.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Theory_Execution
Now, if you would all please look into this pen...

jayon
catman wrote:
jayon: I saved it, but whatever you did even removed it from my archive.

That's because I took it off the database entirely. Well, except for the one to Sinny. I apologize for not getting approval before hand and already wrote Skeeve about overstepping my bounds even though it was only meant for Sinny.
Edited by jayon on 01/28/2009 22:17

jayon
Theory_Execution wrote:
Now, if you would all please look into this pen...

lol, I missed that entirely... No, I should have gone through normal procedures to delete something off the database. That was me making a mistake.

Hypatia
CD - I never saw it, so you can relax as far as I go.

Wink

General-Pryce
CD- like I said in the PM, as soon as I realised it wasn't for me I deleted it and read no further so I don't actually know what anyones talking about!

T_E Surely we should look at the eyes, not around the eyes, but at the eyes, not around..... Grin

Cynic
Given my screenname, I've been called Sinny before, though usually not spelled that way. Figured it was a slip-up, but wasn't sure on which side of the equation. ;-)

But as has been said, never be ashamed of who you are. I try (because it doesn't come naturally) to be a heart-on-my-sleave kind of guy to any extent practicable. It's not always appreciated (you know who you are), but I think it's preferable to having everyone have huge misconceptions.

Doubting Thomas
Cheshire,

As I told you in my reply PM that I deleted it without reading it. Once I saw that you intended to send it to Sinny but somehow I got it instead, I didn't feel it was my place to read it, which I didn't. So if it's any consolation, I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Smile
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Sinny
Jayon thanks for not deleting the one to me. I finally got around to noticing I got a PM. Don't normally look to see. Well from now on I will look up at the top of the home page to see if I have a PM.

CD I don't think you have anything to worry about as you can see we all understand that we all sometimes press a wrong button and we all have feelings. Best of all most didn't even see the PM to me. Even if anyone did it's as I said we all have feelings and I'll add we all have someone to share them with. It's nice to know you have such wonderful human feelings and are willing to share them with me. I'm glad you chose me to PM CD more than words could say.

jayon
Sinny wrote:
Jayon thanks for not deleting the one to me. I finally got around to noticing I got a PM. Don't normally look to see. Well from now on I will look up at the top of the home page to see if I have a PM.

CD I don't think you have anything to worry about as you can see we all understand that we all sometimes press a wrong button and we all have feelings. Best of all most didn't even see the PM to me. Even if anyone did it's as I said we all have feelings and I'll add we all have someone to share them with. It's nice to know you have such wonderful human feelings and are willing to share them with me. I'm glad you chose me to PM CD more than words could say.

No problem. Is CD alright? He hasn't posted in a while. Kind of worried since the last thing he posted was not so good. I see that he's been on more recently, but still worried. Or better (assuming he's still coming on), are you alright CD?

Sinny
I hope so Jayon. I pm'd him and haven't heard anything. Sure hope I was some help to him. I hope he still intends on being here because I sure would miss him if he didn't post anymore.

cheshiredragon
Since we last visited our hero he had just made a stupid move by clicking the wrong check box. Unknown to him it was sent to all registered members.

Later that day in Richard's cubicle:
Richard: Wow, I got 3 replies. Wonder what Sinny could have said.
<clicks open PM window>

<Richard turns white after he sees whom replied and realized his mistake and falls over on the floor. After he comes to he immediately emails Skeeve and soon after, Jayon. Jayon saves the day but, only after about 2dozen replies had come through>
---------------

Hey all, kind of hard to be here even though only a few of you had to read that mess. I feel more bad that you read it than the contents of the message. I hate complaining like that to a group of people and then get a pity party back. It was not my intention, that is why I selected one person whom I felt I could trust. I guess since it is all out in the open now and I took 3 days together myself.

The simple version:
What has happened in the last 72HRS was a lot and a LOT of good. I think the issue I had was we(Amanda and I) never really talked about if we were going to get back together or if we were done. Well that happened. I confronted her, we had a WONDERFUL talk and determined that we are done. Well, this gave the closure I needed. The last 72HRS has been so nice that I don't think I have EVER been this happy in my entire life. It is like the depression isn't even getting to me. I have a wonderful outlook on everything now and today it was extremely bright outside, which was weird. So, now my plan is to go out, meet new people, make local friends, etc. Any of the ladies I meet, who knows, it may work out. I made a myspace page, posted my pic on hotornot.com(I have to say that in only the 72HRS my pic has been up there, I have received 78 votes and I am rated at 9.2 WHAT!? 9.2?!) That shocked the hell out of me cause I didn't think I was even a 5. I even boosted up my stickam.com account but, will need to finish it. I even have a few co workers moving in across the street and they are going to take me out to bars/clubs after next week to get me into the social crowd. Something I am not good at, social anxiety sucks ass!!! However, Derek and Kristina said they'd help out.

Well that is pretty much it for the time being. I am really sorry for those of you that read through that message. I hope you don't think I am some wacko-nut-job or even stand-offish because of it. If you read it then you just know what it is like in the center of my brain. Yet, the last 72HRS has been nothing like that. Everything seems so clear now, don't know what happened.

laters for now,
-Richard B(CD)

catman
CD/Richard: You have nothing to apologize for. I read the message and thought it was fine.

Jump to Forum: