Print Thread
FreddeGredde (was Freddie25)
Skeeve
http://www.youtub.../Freddie25

8 minutes you won't regret:

Edited by Skeeve on 07/29/2012 18:51
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
Very impressive indeed, with seamless transitions and veryskillful guitar playing. I wish I were more familiar with some of the music, but I was quite taken with it nonetheless.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Skeeve
catman, how hard do you think it would be to learn to play guitar at 46?

I played trombone for 6yrs in school, and can read music. I would like to at least be able to pluck through a few songs...

Skeeve
*bump*

catman
Skeeve: I don't know what the *bump* was for, but being able to read music would definitely be a detriment to your guitar playing.Pfft Just kidding. I don't see why being 46 would have any effect on how hard it would be to learn to play. You already know something about music, so that would help. Guitar is like any other instrument: easy to play poorly, difficult to play well.

BTW, I've been practicing bass trombone for the last couple of years. I played trombone in high school and had a bass trombone thirty years ago, playing it on a few gigs. Recently I got another one. Love that ballsy sound! It's physically demanding, to say the least.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Skeeve
Thanks for the reply catman....which was the reason for the bump. Just making sure you would see it and it didn't get pushed down to the bottom and off the front page. Pfft

Playing guitar would be alot easier for the neighbors than a trombone. Wink

Think I'll look around this weekend and see if I can find something in my price range and look for some kind of instructional material to get down some of the basics.

RayvenAlandria
I finally watched this. He's pretty good.

Skeeve, your skin has to be able to develop thick callouses to play guitar. When I was a teen, I tried to play the bass guitar but my fingers just bleed and bleed and never made callouses. I realized many years later it's because of my EDS; my skin is too fragile for such an activity.

If you can make callouses and have a good spread on your hands, you can learn to play. Like any musical activity it takes years of practice to get to the point that you're worth a crap though. Pfft

RayvenAlandria
Just watched this one, pretty cool.

edit- fixed video link
Edited by Skeeve on 07/29/2012 18:54

Skeeve
That one impressed more so for the editing skill than the musical. One talented young fellow.

cheshiredragon
I used to play the bass like RA but, only played for a little over a year. I was a multi-instrumentalist at that time. Piano, guitar and drums were the others. That was only a few years of my time and I only was able to play what people had taught me. I couldn't read music or read tabs to save my life. I was best at the piano, I wonder if i should go buy a full size-electric keyboard to play again. it might help Smile
This kid is pretty good. I have not watched the second video. The first had a lot of "songs" that weren't songs. So, you didn't miss those. One was him singing a quote from a Chris Crocker video blog. This kid is probably a lot how I was. No GF or friends so he has a lot of time for other stuff.

catman
CD: Go for it! You can get a decent keyboard for not much money. Craigslist probably has a load of them for sale too, although there's nothing like a new musical instrument that hasn't had someone else's abuse.

If you still have a trombone, the Silent Brass System by Yamaha works really well at stifling it, and you get to listen through headphones (with reverb added if you wish). Failing that, a plain old mute works pretty well.

Music is the world's greatest hobby, but the world's worst profession. Or to put it another way, it's a great way to make a living, but a helluva way to starve.Grin
Edited by catman on 02/28/2009 00:11

Skeeve
New video from Freddie!

Queen cover:

Edited by Skeeve on 06/16/2011 16:55

Photon
The 7-clone ensemble is awesome!

catman
That was damn good. I wonder if auto tuning was used. The harmony was very close. I don't think it was on the lowest voice part near the beginning, because it was shaky in spots. But overall it was great!

Skeeve
Check his channel, he has some other newer stuff since the OP, very talented guy.

seeker
Pretty smart little video.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
I missed this one, he made it for Valentines Day.

I'm surprised he's still on Youtube and hasn't been signed anywhere yet.

Jump to Forum: