View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Science
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hand of God?
cheshiredragon
You know...some peoples children. read the article and you will see why I like this guys response. I feel the same way heh

Myers wrote:
My respect for humanity can only be restored if that 40 percent is reduced.

http://cosmiclog....94075.aspx

BtW, if there is a better forum for this, go ahead and drop it there Wink
That's right, I said it...

Skeeve
The delusional have always associated these types of pictures this way. Here is the picture for those that don't want to click over.

atheiststoday.com/images/spacehand.jpg

What wasn't mentioned was the fact that from any other angle this would not look like a hand.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
Yeah, but they'd just say it was positioned this way by God for us on Earth to see.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
Why just a hand? Why not the whole guy? And is appearing in space, visible only through blue and red light, the best 'he' can do?

Oh, yeah. 'god' works in mysterious ways.

Mmmm hmmm.

Sinny
Now Patia don't you see they eye the hand is scratching LOL

I've seen the top part in other pics on other sites a while ago. They say it looks like or is the eye of god. Well they could say it's scratching it's eye here. LOL

It is really interesting to see what we can see out in space in the cosmos. But seeing a god :wtf: Looking more and more like they are trying turn the bible god into a cosmos god instead of saying the ile god lives beyond the cosmos. Which in reality is in la la land in their heads.

derF
You gotta admit, though, it's a much better gambit than the Jesus image on the slice of toast!
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
That isn't saying much, is it?WinkGrin
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
catman wrote:
That isn't saying much, is it?WinkGrin

Yeah I made a few typo's there. They just change their made up god form one thing to another instead of admitting it just isn't there and is all in their heads. Their denial is so deep they can't even admit the truth because they don't see it. Either that or they do see and can't, at this point, admit they are wrong.

Hypatia
Blechk. Over the weekend I (sorta) watched a couple of different programs about religious groups/denominations, and I noticed that no matter which 'sect', 'cult', 'denomination' I was watching about one of the things they have (deeply) in common - completely ignoring anything that is even remotely negative, especially within the religion and its holey book, and getting totally and completely wrapped up in the 'high' of 'praise', and gatherings that revolve around singing, praying, muttering and other ways of 'praising'.

It's like a 'high' that these people 'take on', a mind set, mind-mode they go into when they're doing their religious stuff - a bubble they put themselves into, and they use it to block out anything they don't want to think about.

People who are so talented at putting themselves, and others, into those frantic, frenzied, hypnotic, self and other protected shields are, IMO, so far from being able to recognizing what the 'truth' may or may not be - to them, science is evil. That kind of shield may not even be penetrable, because they don't want anything else.

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:
atheiststoday.com/images/spacehand.jpg

What more proof is needed for the existence of the FSM? Now no one will be able to ignore the truth, for the evidence is here for all to witness!

On the far left is the appendage for Angel Hair, next to it and to the right is spaghetti, then rigatoni, then tortellini, and last but not least, ravioli.

And there, in all its universal glory, the most cosmic of sauces - marinara, topped with delicate shavings of fresh parmesan cheese.

Anyone who doesn't accept this and therefore worship the almighty FSM is simply blind, tasteless and senseless.

Hmfphf.

catman
It reminds me of someone throwing a firecracker and having it barely clear his or her hand before exploding.

But I like your revelation, Hypatia. May His Noodly Appendages caress you! Ramen!
Edited by catman on 04/20/2009 02:47

Hypatia
Grin And there's still the other hand. lol.

Your analogy is a good one Cat - I can see that too, now that you mention it.

Sinny
Hypatia wrote:
It's like a 'high' that these people 'take on', a mind set, mind-mode they go into when they're doing their religious stuff

Oh how well I know. I've seen that in my sister. Now add that with the glazed over stare in the eyes.....scary let me tell ya.:eek:

Hypatia wrote:
What more proof is needed for the existence of the FSM? Now no one will be able to ignore the truth, for the evidence is here for all to witness!

On the far left is the appendage for Angel Hair, next to it and to the right is spaghetti, then rigatoni, then tortellini, and last but not least, ravioli.

And there, in all its universal glory, the most cosmic of sauces - marinara, topped with delicate shavings of fresh parmesan cheese.

Anyone who doesn't accept this and therefore worship the almighty FSM is simply blind, tasteless and senseless.

Hmfphf.

Jump to Forum: