View Thread

Print Thread
Bible Bill
Doubting Thomas
[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090522/pl_politico/22832[/url]

Apparently Republican lawmakers with nothing else to do like try to help the economy or solve any number of problems facing our country today decided that the most important thing they can do is try to pass a proclamation calling 2009 the "year of the bible" or some nonsense. The bill also calls for the president "to issue a proclamation calling upon citizens of all faiths to rediscover and apply the priceless, timeless message of the Holy Scripture which has profoundly influenced and shaped the United States and its great democratic form of government.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Cynic
I believe this is the same party the people who used to try to get The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn banned came from. To me, there is no bigger red flag wording than "seeks to recognize" when it comes to politicians.

catman
Well, it is the GOP (God's Own Party). Disingenuous nonsense.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

cheshiredragon
I had a feeling that's what GOP meant. I always thought it meant, Government Opposing People. They were only in that office to make themselves rich.
That's right, I said it...

Sinny
Oh where do I start.

There is so much wrong here with this whole idiot idea. DT I could really pick this idea apart but I will just say this much.

[quote]A search of Thomas, the online congressional database, for

catman
cheshiredragon wrote:
I had a feeling that's what GOP meant. I always thought it meant, Government Opposing People. They were only in that office to make themselves rich.

CD: It also stands for Great Obstructionist Party. That seems to be its main purpose.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: