View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » Education
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
An apparently serious survey.
Bob of QF
http://www.evolut...urvey.com/

It's an evolution survey, and I spotted the link over on Atheist Nexus.

You can opt to have the results sent to your e-mail, but it's not required.

I took it, and it was pretty good.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
I took it too. My essay answers were fairly short, but they seemed sufficient to me. I wonder what they are trying to establish with the survey.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

seeker
I just finished it. It was interesting. I wonder how likely fundies are to be able to take it.

neilmarr
There's a huge flaw in the survey sheet that makes it impossible for me to contribute. And I ain't gonna throw away more time on it until the organisers get organised.

One question asks country of residence (not optional). I live in France.

The next question (again not optional) then stupidly asks me in what state of the USA or Canada I live.

I can't live in Europe and the Americas simultaneously, so my work in filling out the survey in depth is wasted because my entire response is rejected for failing to lie by saying I live in Texas, France.

Bloody nonsense.

Neil

catman
You are right! That needs to be brought to the survey creator's attention. The question concerning state/province should of course only apply if one lives in N.A.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
Present excellent and worldly-aware company excepted, Cat, you'd be amazed how parochial US sites can often be. I come across this and similar problems all the time. It's as though the rest of the planet doesn't exist, except as a quaintly inviting old place for vacations and wars. Neil

catman
It's true, the 'ugly American' is alive and well. I can't say that I think the glaring boo-boo in the survey is a result of that, though. Probably just carelessness. I dunno.

seeker
I don't see why you are saying that Neil. Just because we think everyone lives here and that there are only two languages, American and foreign is no reason to call us parochial.

Anyone know what parochial means? Sounds foreignWink

schmoo
The only people more parochial than us Merkins are the bloody English.Grin

catman
Q: What do you call a person who speaks only one language?

A: An American.

neilmarr
*** The only people more parochial than us Merkins are the bloody English ***

And it gets worse. According to Londoners, if you're not born within the sound of Bow Bells (an old church in the city), you're not English at all. Neil

Bob of QF
catman wrote:
Q: What do you call a person who speaks only one language?

A: An American.

That's Murikin to you. Grin

Does FORTRAN count as a language?
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
Not any more.Wink Neither do COBOL, or Basic for that matter.

Jump to Forum: