View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Konnichiwa
Sentinal
Id like to introduce myself, my name is Steven Schultz.
I am an Atheist, not a bigot. I am an expatriot from Australia, living in Japan. Sorry to all who might have thought i was japanese, there are very little Atheists here as far as i am aware.
Im here for intelligent, rational conversation with real people.
I was a christian for about 20 years. It must be obvious to you all why i am not now.
I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Regards, Steve
 
derF
And hello to you in Japanese Steven. My name is Fred Nielson. I too (obviously) am an atheist. I come from a Mormon background. Study that religion if you want some humorous entertainment. We are not a huge Atheist site but most of us here are a pretty tight knit group. We argue and fight amongst ourselves over all sorts of topics but at the end of the day none of it is important enough or strong enough to weaken our bonds.

We welcome newcomers heartily. After reading your post above I just have to ask you, "How did you come to leave Australia and end up in Japan?"

Anyway, welcome to our little site, look forward to some in depth discussion with you, Mate!

Fred (AKA derF)
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.
 
Sentinal
hi fred, mormon background, interesting, we have many chrches of jesus christ of latter day saints in my city, being adelaide. i have never studied mormonism. no mormons around here where i am being japan.

my wife is japanese, we have a daughter so we decide to live here (japan) for several years. quite interesting. im completely surrounded by buddhism and shinto. they even have their own christian cults too.

i have found here so far, interestingly enough, that the religious people here largely leave you alone, but, the only group that has harassed me thus far is the christian group! so much for not shoving it down my throat. anyhow,

pleasure to be a member here, thanks for the welcome.

regards steve
Edited by Sentinal on 07/01/2009 01:44
 
catman
Welcome to the boards, Sentinal.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Sentinal
thanks. catman.
 
Hypatia
Welcome Steve/Sentinal. Konnichiwa.



 
Sentinal
thanks, hypatia

you can call me what you will

 
Hypatia
'What You Will' is rather long, don't you think?

How about just Sentinal, or Steve?

Pfft


 
Sentinal
thats Mr What You Will to you.....

 
Adam Ajaja
Sentinal wrote:
Id like to introduce myself, my name is Steven Schultz.
I am an Atheist, not a bigot. I am an expatriot from Australia, living in Japan. Sorry to all who might have thought i was japanese, there are very little Atheists here as far as i am aware.
Im here for intelligent, rational conversation with real people.
I was a christian for about 20 years. It must be obvious to you all why i am not now.
I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Regards, Steve


Hey, Mr Schultz (aka, the hero of the "Delete" group lol!!). Goods to see you here, must be an improvement over the twitterings of Etta not-Wise Grin
 
Sentinal
good to see you here too adam ajaja. oh my, etta wise, i dont really know how to get around her, i think she is under instruction from someone else, ie a pastor or friend etc as she suddenly stopped vigorously debating and turned into a spouting geyser of apsolute rubbish. her display is a clear indication of profound defeat in those forums. she never had much of worth to say anyhow.
but anyway, its rather fun hanging in there. see you round....
Edited by Sentinal on 07/01/2009 09:44
 
Adam Ajaja
Sentinal wrote:
good to see you here too adam ajaja. oh my, etta wise, i dont really know how to get around her, i think she is under instruction from someone else, ie a pastor or friend etc as she suddenly stopped vigorously debating and turned into a spouting geyser of apsolute rubbish. her display is a clear indication of profound defeat in those forums. she never had much of worth to say anyhow.
but anyway, its rather fun hanging in there. see you round....


The Pastor is crap, then. In Matthew 6:5-6, Jesus stated that all prayers should be in private, and not yammered about in public like the hypocrites (who, according to Job and Isaiah, will not enter heaven)
 
Sentinal
that is very true, all church pastors are guilty of this then as the all pray aloud during service. yet another contradiction, tsk tsk.
did you post that bible quote to her yet?
id like to see what she comes up with......
 
Adam Ajaja
Sentinal wrote:
that is very true, all church pastors are guilty of this then as the all pray aloud during service. yet another contradiction, tsk tsk.
did you post that bible quote to her yet?
id like to see what she comes up with......


I think I'm banned from that group. Odd as I never joined
 
Hypatia
Sentinal wrote:
thats Mr What You Will to you.....


Mmmmmnnnnoooo... Sent.

:bebopcat:
 
Doubting Thomas
Welcome to the boards. I was also a Christian for the first 30 or so years of my life, raised Catholic which is almost but not quite as nutty as the Mormon religion. Anyway, it's always great to see new people posting here.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.
 
Jump to Forum: